Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 131 upset
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
this just is not right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 132
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
these statements contradict each other. the magnitude of our displeasure is directly proportional to how much the prices need to change, that is the feedback.




i think its naive to assume 1 unrefined dilithium will = 1 refined dilithium. it will probably be more like 5 unrefined dilithium = 1 refined dilithium. in what universe can you take an unrefined substance and turn it into a more refined substance and be left with more then you started with? mater doesn't work like that! if basic physics is applied, this conversion problem is a lot bigger then we realize
Actually you are quite wrong. Gemstone mining today is a perfect example. A pound of high quality gem ore may actually contain anywhere from 5-10 carats worth of cut and polished gems. Dillithium is essentialy a gem. I rather think the equation will be 1 dillithium ore =X x Y refined dillithium where Y is a multiplier based on a number of unknown factors.

You have to remember large amounts of ore can actually yield signficantly more refined product then you imagine. Gold is another example. A pound of ore from a gold mine may only yield an ounce or two of pure gold but its value is much hgher given the current prices. If refined dillithium is our "value" product then it stand to reason the each unit of ore will yield substantially more units of refined dillithium.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 133
10-06-2011, 01:28 PM
what a nonsense to speculate about things, noone has seen yet.
and don't forget, this is TRIBBLE-test-server SO EVERYBODY CALM DOWN and TEST these updates!
and STOP COMPLAINING about things you all never tested
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 134
10-06-2011, 01:29 PM
deleted due to poor reading comprehension.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 135 You're Doing It Wrong.
10-06-2011, 01:30 PM
I know you got to fleece the Silvers however you like. But Gold players are ALREADY PAYING TO PLAY YOUR GAME.

Give us back a FREE ship at level up.

There's nothing to test, figure out, balance, or discount...
Gold Players == Free ship at level-up.

Full Stop.

I don't care if it's a token or a stipend of Refined Dilithium (that matches ship prices, and no sneaking in Ore that's time-gated). If you're worried about players using the Dilithium for other than a ship then go with the token. If you're worried about the overhead of multiple level tokens getting confusing, then make it s single token for any level ship. You level lock ships so lowbies can't buy higher ranks. And you make the token Unique so you can't save up for multiple higher-level ships. Use it as you rank, you get another. Don't use it? Fine, you still have it when you want it later.

As for the rest of my thoughts: My Feedback is pretty much as spoken already, above and some of the best are QFT below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I agree, thats way to limited.
Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.

Fine for silver members, but still "unacceptable" for us loyal gold members.
Your still ripping us off, as instead of grinding dailies, PvP and exploration missions for better "equipment" we end up being "forced" to spend it on a new ship instead.

I'm sorry, but the only real solution here is to bring back the Free Ship Token's, at least for subscribers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Agreed or at least give subscriibers enought dillithium to afford the ship without grinding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
You guys are out of your mind.

If itss 8000 ore = 8000 refined Dilithium.. you aren't even IN THE BALLPARK.

How can people who don't play 12 hours a day get anything done?

Not only is the 8000 cap unreasonable in every way, the rate at which you earn ore will require long play sessions to even get that 8000.. and you can't do anything else?

What happened to it being a time-based currency? Why doesn't anytime spent earn you currency? What happened to the mission rewards that were Merit/Honor being rolled over to Dilithium?


This isn't fooling anyone, its CLEARLY all built around making C-Store->Dilithium exchange being the primary acquisition method... and we won't tolerate that. Keep that junk in Asian games.


At levels below Admiral you should be able to earn 4 to 5 pieces of gear PER DAY so you can reasonably outfit a ship. If you MUST slow down gearing for Admirals, then they MUST earn at least one piece of gear per day.

I can't think that this is anything but a Perfect World economy revamp coming from on high, because this is a complete 180 degree change from the game we know.

You WILL lose us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
News flash: This is "feedback" we are giving.
We are telling them already now that we do not want this.
While the conversion rate may yet to be determined, we do know that at this point gold members are being screwed over.

1.) No ship token and not enough dilithium to get a free ship at commander and up.
2.) Forced to spend dilithium we grind in PvP, Dailies and Exploration on a new ship instead of spending it on EQUIPMENT as we do now with badges on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 136
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galtrovan View Post
To everyone complaining about how much dilithium is needed to purchase items, may I ask a question.

Are you not getting any items via drops? The items in the stores are some of the very best in the game. To me, being able to go out and acquire all the best stuff should take some time. One of the things I don't like about Holodeck is that the best items are too easy to acquire. Items from drops/mission rewards, for the most part, are completely worthless every step of the way. Why? Every rank up, everyone runs to the store/crafter and grabs the very best, highest Mark gear they can equip, making all drops/rewards for the next 10 levels completely-irrelevant-vendor-trash.

This needs to change.
You rarely get anything useful from drops or from Mission rewards. And if something does become useful (MkIV Efficient Engines for example) they get nerfed. If you were to rely on mission rewards your ship would be a disaster of mix n match equipment completely nerfing your ability to survive or do any damage.

Thats why I liked crafting (I know Tribble crafting isnt as intended right now) and was upset that I couldnt even craft the stuff that I needed to survive.

I could live with a LTC ship through Captain (which is what I am in right now) if I could craft or buy my gear. Loot drops are a big thumbs down to be able to complete anything in a reasonable amount of time without dying.

With the first patch my LTC ship (fighting Commander level romulans) Still had a MkII Green Disruptor Beam bank in it and not till Commander 9 did I get a Mk VI usable ship item (a photon torpedo launcher white). Sitting at Capt1 (didnt want to turn in the mission because I knew the patch was coming) I have a Mk II Dual Disruptor Beam Bank (ACC), Mk III Diruptor Canon, Mk VI Photon Torpedo Launcher, Mk IV Phaser beam array (Dmgx2), Mk IV Efficient Engine, Mk III Covariant Shield Array (Cap), Mk III Deflectors, MkIII Green weapons power console, 1 MkIV white Disruptor weapons console, and 1 Mk III white Disruptor Weapons console.

I have yet to loot or find a useable science console or any other console. This is just leveling up. I really feel sorry for any new player going through this. They are going to die a lot. And get fed up with it because they try to get info and all they find out is "Grind or buy".

Right now I would just be happy with the Mk VI gear I will get in the T4 defiant. It will be considerably better than what I have now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 137
10-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Typically if you say, refine 8000 tons of Ore you'll usually get LESS than 8000 tons of final product because of all the crap being removed by refinement...

Odds are 8000 Ore = 4000 Refined Dilithium
Again you forget the value. Refined dillithium is a value product. For example lets say is costs a gold mine 100 buck to mine 1 pound of gold ore. That ore yields 1/2 ounce of gold. That is only 1/32 of the original pound yet its value is about 200 dollars or twice what it cost the mine to produce it. Number doesn't equal value and you have to assume cryptic knows this.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 138
10-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bardic_klze View Post
I've patiently waited, loved, and supported the devs through the content drought, when I heard about perfect world, all of it, not because the games great (which it could be) not because it's the only game I play (which it's not) It's because I love TREK. This game is getting so far away from TREK it's ridiculous.

This really does look like it's turning into pay to win, and we're not ok with that. We subscribe. Silver doesn't. You want our 15 dollars a month, earn it.
You want your lifers to stay, make them want to.
Right now it isn't turning out that way.
We've got 500 day rewards for a reason, because we are dedicated. You want a bunch of freeloaders coming in, buying 20 bucks worth of gear, then burning out and jumping to a new game next month? Fine. Give us a separate server were we can do our GOLD stuff.

This is supposed to be based on Champions? Sorry there gold members get worthwhile perks. Not us from what I'm seeing.

And I only say this out of sheer disappointment. I think everyone that's here right now are fans, not just of sto, but of star trek. Being a trekkie is a camaraderie. We share that, and I think everybody just feels like there taking TREK and ruining it. Kinda JJ Abrams like. When we can see alot more potential to the TREK universe.

I'm sorry for the rant. But I just want this to be the best game it can be.

I agree 99.9%

As far as Dilithium and F2P... Non-Payers should not get anything close to what paying members get... There should be a level cap (even WOW caps at level 20), big restrictions on game areas (what maps you can goto, etc), what missions are available to you, etc etc etc...

With this Dilitium system, I thought there would be one currency. Where does "Ore" and "Refined" come in? Isn't that two seperate currencies? As I said this is really sounding like something fishy going on...

F2P should only be a teaser to make you thirst for more... Not just use a C-Store to "buy yourself a winning character"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 139
10-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan1701 View Post
I think the whole goal is for people to buy a ship with c-store points and then use the free dilithium to gear it up. That's why they are making all these low level plus one ships and not giving enough dilithium to buy the standard ones. Because it's easier to just buy the ship then have to grind up to get it and then spend even more time grinding up to gear it up.
and the trick is to lable it F2P when infact you will end paying a sub and paying for items
....hey we have been warned about Ferengi during Academy so just dont buy from em

But let's see how they set it up for Holodeck.. too early to make a final call on the Ferengi Marketing Crowd yet
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 140
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiTataki View Post
If this system works anything like Perfect World's other Cash <-> Currency model, you're not buying Dilithium for cash. You're buying other people's Dilithium for cash.
If one of the dev tweets is correct it's going to be more like PW-MY/EN than PWI. There will be an "official" Dilithium -> Cpoint conversion and players have to compete with that.

Now if this is not the case, then yes, it'll be just like PWI's horridly inflated market.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:20 AM.