Lt. Commander
# 141
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
I see you're making the Dilithium issue even worse.

1. Unlimited Dilithium Processing per day is a necessity.
2. Do not make exploration missions a daily. It already takes 756 Mission Runs to get 1 Tier 5 Ship + Mark X Blue equipment, Making us do them once per day is going to drive players away. Both paying and free to play players.
3. No one should have to grind more in their lower tier ship to get their current tier ship at rank up. Additional ships of that tier yes, but the initial ship should always be free. That is the nature of the game you have created. Stick to it.
Lt. Commander
# 142
10-06-2011, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkalus View Post
Simple Dilithium = A way for cryptic to either make you grind or buy C-Points and earn them cash. At least that's the way PW works - Just go play one of their games and see.
i knew getting bought by the chinese would ruin this game, cryptic didn't just sell their soul, they sold star treks soul as well. an economy this vile having anything to do with the star trek universe is blasphemy
Lt. Commander
# 143
10-06-2011, 01:34 PM
The ship tokens should not have been changed. It worked don't mess with it. Heck I even like to buy more than one ship type at any given rank to see what ship I liked. That is gone now, THIS IS THE BIGGEST MESS UP SO FAR.
Lt. Commander
# 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
I know you got to fleece the Silvers however you like. But Gold players are ALREADY PAYING TO PLAY YOUR GAME.
The thing is, we're not Gold Players during the testing phase, we are silver players.
Lt. Commander
# 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkar View Post
That is the first apologist post I found some merit with. It could work like that.

But you'd think they would have told us that rather than create the tempest that's been going on since yesterday or so. I'd like to think that they wouldn't make people grind for months to outfit one ship, when right now you can do it in days at most.

Remember, they told us that subscribers would not be hurt badly by the upcoming changes. I hope they keep their word.
Quit calling people apologists. Just because he/she has a different outlook then you doesn't make them an apologist. You sound silly and it makes you look rigid and intolerant of other opinions.

Now, having said that....

There better be one H of a multiplier from the refining process or I'm going to have Mk V gear forever.
Lt. Commander
# 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperon
what a nonsense to speculate about things, noone has seen yet.
and don't forget, this is TRIBBLE-test-server SO EVERYBODY CALM DOWN and TEST these updates!
and STOP COMPLAINING about things you all never tested
No, but the devs have told us a lot about some of the stuff.
And a lot of it is about screwing us subscribers over in effect by their own words.
Lt. Commander
# 147
10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Here is an Energy Credit sink idea:

1. Lift the Dilithium refinement limit to limtless.

2. Move the Limitless Refinement process to Starbases. (Starships are NOT mass Refinement Facilities!...)
2a. Keep the small limit of Refinement (8000) on Starships, but Star bases Refinement is limitless.

3. Starbases charge a small fee (EC ) of like 3 per unit. "Wanna refine 50,000 ore? Cost ya 150,000 EC".

Hey lets face it! There is a HUGE amount of EC floating around.

Keeping a small production amount on Starships, for FREE, and the majority of it being handle at Base, where they would actually have the mass facilities to do so, makes more sense I.M.O.
This would free up the production limit people are showing to be a ligitimate problem, AND finally provide that much needed EC sink the game economy as needed.

(Pssst. Earth Space Dock could FINALLY have some use for that lower useless level...)
Feds would have theirs at ESD, and KDF of have theirs at the Facility on Praxis.
Feds could run down stairs to refine their stuff, and KDF flys over to Praxis for theirs.
Lt. Commander
# 148
10-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdecardo View Post
Exactly. You cant get more from spending energy to break something down into a better state. You take a a gold nugget just mined that weighs 1lbs. You smelt it and burn out the impurities and it weighs 6oz or less.

Unless, in the star trek universe they have perfected the art of alchemy and transmutation. That would be another story.
So what if it ways 6 oz in todays economy that 6 oz is worth 3000 dollars. The value of that gold nuggest cost to mine and smelt is far less. You trade size for value. Refined dillithium is valuable so you have to assume cryptic understandst that basic princile. There is a differenc between absolute numbers and value.
Lt. Commander
# 149
10-06-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirian_darkstar View Post
Here is an Energy Credit sink idea:

1. Lift the Dilithium refinement limit to limtless.

2. Move the Limitless Refinement process to Starbases. (Starships are NOT mass Refinement Facilities!...)
2a. Keep the small limit of Refinement (8000) on Starships, but Star bases Refinement is limitless.

3. Starbases charge a small fee (EC ) of like 3 per unit. "Wanna refine 50,000 ore? Cost ya 150,000 EC".

Hey lets face it! There is a HUGE amount of EC floating around.

Keeping a small production amount on Starships, for FREE, and the majority of it being handle at Base, where they would actually have the mass facilities to do so, makes more sense I.M.O.
This would free up the production limit people are showing to be a ligitimate problem, AND finally provide that much needed EC sink the game economy as needed.

(Pssst. Earth Space Dock could FINALLY have some use for that lower useless level...)
Feds would have theirs at ESD, and KDF of have theirs at the Facility on Praxis.
Feds could run down stairs to refine their stuff, and KDF flys over to Praxis for theirs.

I like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 150
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
The thing is, we're not Gold Players during the testing phase, we are silver players.
No, we are all gold. They changed their minds and went gold for F2P testing.