Lt. Commander
# 201
10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
Whats gone happen to merits every comment I have read & heard and what I have seen so far they are gone disappear in thin air... (I surely hope not)
Lt. Commander
# 202
10-06-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuskin
The thing is, we're not Gold Players during the testing phase, we are silver players.
As others have already mentioned, we are Gold, but I thought you'd like a link as an FYI:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...17#post3784717

Lt. Commander
# 203
10-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Look at it objectively guys. Look at what they're doing. They're putting the 1st implementation out with high restrictions, to see how it plays. Of course, we will complain about it, and the restrictions will be eased. The community will be appeased, and things will go on.

Would you rather they put the system in place with extremely lax restrictions, everyone's extremely happy because everything is extremely easy, and then they end up tightening the restrictions? Then you have a playerbase that was happy, and is now mad, rather than one that was mad, but is now happy.

Be patient. They'll crunch the numbers until they find a balance. But they have to start somewhere, and like I outlined above, it's better to start out strict and then ease off, than the alternative.
Lt. Commander
# 204
10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
anyone else thinking of starting over to see if its any better?

I think i'll get a better picture of the changes that way, after all it is just for testing i don't expect to keep any toon on tribble, its just for the new toys
Lt. Commander
# 205
10-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
On the bright side, less people will complain about the missing difficulty of PvE and hey, it will add diversity to the PvP matches. Hegh'ta against Heavy Cruiser or Galaxy against Somraw will make matches interesting.
pve difficulty isn't the problem, its monotony. shooting helpless sponges gets old, feels like your kicking a dog after a wile.

pvp will be ruled by those that just bought dilithium for money, those that didnt will be helpless. when the final F2P build goes live, i'd like to see a calculation of how much real money it would take to fully equip a tier 5 ship. my guess is over $100 at this rate.
Lt. Commander
# 206
10-06-2011, 02:25 PM
I wonder how the PVP crowd will feel about how much PvE they'll need to do to grind sufficient Dilithium.

That'll be a fun thread.
Lt. Commander
# 207
10-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Also, everyone should keep in mind that the best equipment in the game isn't bought with dilithium anyway. The absolute best equipment in the game comes from extremely rare drops, which are sold on the exchange... for ENERGY CREDITS.

Don't get your panties in too much of a wad over dilithium. Energy credits are still what you need to truly make your ship uber.
Lt. Commander
# 208
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
pvp will be ruled by those that just bought dilithium for money, those that didnt will be helpless. when the final F2P build goes live, i'd like to see a calculation of how much real money it would take to fully equip a tier 5 ship. my guess is over $100 at this rate.
Heh, it was a few thousand to outfit an "end-game" character in PWI to be competitive in PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 209
10-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I wonder how the PVP crowd will feel about how much PvE they'll need to do to grind sufficient Dilithium. That'll be a fun thread.
Yeah, if PvE folks are complaining about just trying to rank up at RA1 in a T2 ship . . . with no consoles, odd Mk weapons, and BOFFs you can't afford to retrain in any useful skills (cause you blew all your DL just trying to get one or two pieces of level appropriate gear) . . . and don't even get them started on the STF grind they're going to hit at "endgame."
Lt. Commander
# 210
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toisich View Post
Also, everyone should keep in mind that the best equipment in the game isn't bought with dilithium anyway. The absolute best equipment in the game comes from extremely rare drops, which are sold on the exchange... for ENERGY CREDITS.
Tthe Mk XII stuff only comes from STF grinding, and it's all BoP, so no selling in any form.