Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 211
10-06-2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toisich View Post
Also, everyone should keep in mind that the best equipment in the game isn't bought with dilithium anyway. The absolute best equipment in the game comes from extremely rare drops, which are sold on the exchange... for ENERGY CREDITS.

Don't get your panties in too much of a wad over dilithium. Energy credits are still what you need to truly make your ship uber.
Well, it also comes from the STFs now, which, totally bugged queues aside, even with T4 ships and MK VII gear are a walk in the park so far.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 212
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Well, it also comes from the STFs now, which, totally bugged queues aside, even with T4 ships and MK VII gear are a walk in the park so far.
server looks like it is back up time to patch and play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 213
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Tthe Mk XII stuff only comes from STF grinding, and it's all BoP, so no selling in any form.
Yes, but on Live anyway, the Mk XII stuff is only common (maybe uncommon? I don't know). Mk XI purples are just as good as Mk XII commons.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
it means merits are removed and not replaced and everything that used them is not updated to use anything else.




just add that to the list of things that need dilithium. at the rate we level up, we are going to have empty boff stations, a ship 1 or 2 tiers lower then we should have and gear 4 or 5 levels lower then we should have. how the hell are we supposed to pvp? the game couldn't be more ruined, they would have to do an unprecedented rollback on what they have already done for F2P to be 1/5 as good as it is on holodeck now. i just don't see them rolling it back a sufficient amount, unless they admit they haven't spent 5 minutes worrying about prices yet. does anyone beleave that? or that the situation they are putting players in isn't at least partially intentional?
I am for all these changes if it means...PVP goes away.

Also, your argument is not coherent.

The first half says you cannot afford items for ships. Then you leap to PVP. Then you leap to F2P needing to be roll-back and it is not as good as Holodeck. F2P is not on holodeck. Also, we are only on the first phase of testing which is planned to go on until December. I think we need to get to phase 2 first before we can get to the Holodeck comparison.

Also, you then leap to an argument about 'intentionally leading players."

By definition, developers of a game plan events. You have agreed to let them 'intentionally' lead you to where they want to go.

Part of the testing is to phase in or take small steps to fulfill a larger goal (lead you to an event).

So, is your purpose to have:
1. Lower prices
2. PVP
3. The developers rollback to prior to Season 4
4. Force the developers to lead us nowhere

I would say 'off the top of my head' none of those aspects can lead to a real world or practical solution.

However, in context of the post, you have to wait-and-see like the rest of us are doing.

Thank you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 215
10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
Well I can say I am not suprised that the grind for gear will be increased even more. I would have no problem if there was more variety in things to grind, but limiting Exploration now to a daily is just a bad move. The exploration system is bad as it is, now to make it a daily makes the situation even worse. Nice to take a BIG part of Star Trek out of STO. Sorry Picard, you have done enough exploring for today, here is your allotment of dilithium.

Honestly I did like that you got a level appropriate reward with exploration, it gave me A REASON to go into and use such a crappy system. If it is limited to once a day and only dilithium rewards, forget it I am done. You might as well delete those sectors and use the space for something else.

/FIX EXPLORATION don't gimp it even further. While you are at it, /FIX the Aid missions as they are not offering a gift any more and there is really no reason to bother even doing them. Give a level appropriate reward there or just delete them.

So we can have an STO where there is a limit on exploration and the Federation does not give aid...

Hear that???? I think Gene just rolled over.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 216
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toisich View Post
Yes, but on Live anyway, the Mk XII stuff is only common (maybe uncommon? I don't know). Mk XI purples are just as good as Mk XII commons.
The new high end is purple Mk XII, which ONLY comes from STFs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 217
10-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
server looks like it is back up time to patch and play.
Lies. Still down for maintenance.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 218
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klytemnestra
I am for all these changes if it means...PVP goes away.
Tolerance is a wonderful thing, isn't it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 219
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toisich View Post
Lies. Still down for maintenance.
I am still patching but the icon for the server was up so i thought the server was running.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 220
10-06-2011, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtSmith
server looks like it is back up time to patch and play.
Closed for maintenance.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:07 AM.