Lt. Commander
# 341
10-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Ko-loth
It's true, if the economy that was just released doesn't have drastic changes before the December release, even people like me who have paid for the game non-stop since day one might walk away. I just really want to remind people that this is what, week 2 of the beta? We still have months of testing to go before the final build, and the almost daily Path to F2P Dev Blogs are showing that they are trying, not flat out ignoring us.

Just seems to be way more anger in these posts, and not enough people staying calm and trying to live up to the ideas that Star Trek represents.
It's that Star Trek I think many of us are so sad to see die as these new economic changes come in.

Gene would cry.

This is, IMO, killing his vision - it's putting the final nail in the idea that the Federation would provide.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 343
10-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Thanks GN - but I can't believe I'm saying this....

I'm losing hope they're going to get it right. They have a completely separate game that apparently works well and they don't appear to be doing anything at all like it.

This game is heading towards a fundamental - neigh - a PARADIGM shift that this franchise should never have to face as it's core is everything BUT based on a fluctuating economy.

I doubt Kirk EVER had to go schlep around the galaxy to get ore to refine into crystals so he could beg for a new ship from the Fleetyards.
Lt. Commander
# 344
10-06-2011, 09:24 PM
I was going to play WoW from Oct to Dec, but noe I think I will stick with STO unit it goes to F2Die.

I just hope someone make a patch to make it offline playable after wards. I really like this game.

<---- see my avatar
Lt. Commander
# 345
10-06-2011, 09:28 PM
By the way, they said we were testing the "Silver" members content. Then why are we not locked for how many Bridge Officers we have? I thought this was supposed to be 5, but I have 7 currently with 3 more open slots yet to fill... I have also notice some other "Gold" member only stuff on Tribble...

I read back in several posts saying, "Remember, we are testing the silver member stuff and in no way is this what is set for the gold members"...

So far I no longer believe these statements as there is too much "mixing" of gold and silver member content... Heck, at this point we might as well not even have two codes to this game for gold and silver members. Just combine them. (Its going to happen eventually. Might as well be sooner than later...)
Lt. Commander
# 346
10-06-2011, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
the retrofits might be in the plain old space dock ship store.

turns out you can buy white boffs in space dock, they now cost 240 dilithium each though. extremely minimal station power customization is available though
Now compare that to the amount of Dilithium we get for a daily. Would be helpful if the exploration dailies actually would give Dilithium and not only skill points, just so we are able to get Bridge Officers. There are quite some officers on the Exchange for the Feds to look for abilities, but the KDF will probably be a little short here now.
Lt. Commander
# 347
10-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
Now compare that to the amount of Dilithium we get for a daily. Would be helpful if the exploration dailies actually would give Dilithium and not only skill points, just so we are able to get Bridge Officers. There are quite some officers on the Exchange for the Feds to look for abilities, but the KDF will probably be a little short here now.
So wait... *Bridge Officers* now have to be bought with dilithium too?!

I'm going to call CBS and demand they pull the license if that's the case!
Lt. Commander
# 348
10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiWanJabroni View Post
While I won't say the dilithium economy couldn't use some tweaking, which is the purpose of testing and whatnot, it looks to me like they're trying to make Very Rare equipment... well, Very Rare.

I applaud the goal, but if it's going to take this much to obtain Very Rare equipment, I'd suggest increasing the amount of bonus damage that rarity provides. As it stands, the differences in bonuses from rarity isn't terribly impressive.
Actually I am all for making very rare equipment very rare, only if I can mount the common stuff. Add phaser cannons to the common venders already.
Lt. Commander
# 349
10-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Orig_Jean_Luc_Picard
By the way, they said we were testing the "Silver" members content. Then why are we not locked for how many Bridge Officers we have? I thought this was supposed to be 5, but I have 7 currently with 3 more open slots yet to fill... I have also notice some other "Gold" member only stuff on Tribble...

I read back in several posts saying, "Remember, we are testing the silver member stuff and in no way is this what is set for the gold members"...

So far I no longer believe these statements as there is too much "mixing" of gold and silver member content... Heck, at this point we might as well not even have two codes to this game for gold and silver members. Just combine them. (Its going to happen eventually. Might as well be sooner than later...)

No.. they've said the exact opposite. We were all granted Gold status for testing here. This is how the game will be for subs and LTSers if they were to launch now. Thank GOD we still have several months for them to fix the fubar mess we have right now.

Lt. Commander
# 350
10-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
So wait... *Bridge Officers* now have to be bought with dilithium too?!

I'm going to call CBS and demand they pull the license if that's the case!
Since they removed Merits/Honor you can buy the common BOffs for 240 Refined Dilithium each and it looks like training will cost EC (once it is working). So atm bying officers is the only way to train some of the basic abilities.