Lt. Commander
# 361
10-07-2011, 05:07 AM
i understand you're all concerned. so, here's the latest response from our Emergency Executive Producer: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...98#post3794898

it shows they're at least listening to all this feedback. that should help a little bit
Lt. Commander
# 362 This is just plain dumb...
10-07-2011, 06:24 AM
I think the dilithium thing is fine for general currency and he does say that the refinement will be limited to 8,000 per day at least for now so that could change. It is a test build... But here's my issue: speaking from a Star Trek point of view, I would not have to buy a ship with anything. I should be given a ship when I reach my new rank and that's it. If you want to use dilithium for special gear, that's fine, but don't make me spend dilithium on a ship!
Lt. Commander
# 363
10-07-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Missions:

Stop the Signal:
  • The Undine ship at the end is now far more beatable.
Thank you for that, even if it seems a 'bit' to easy now :p
Lt. Commander
# 364
10-07-2011, 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesPwr1009 View Post
I think the dilithium thing is fine for general currency and he does say that the refinement will be limited to 8,000 per day at least for now so that could change. It is a test build... But here's my issue: speaking from a Star Trek point of view, I would not have to buy a ship with anything. I should be given a ship when I reach my new rank and that's it. If you want to use dilithium for special gear, that's fine, but don't make me spend dilithium on a ship!
THis.

Like I said - I don't think Kirk, or Picard or Janeway ever had to schlep around the universe collecting ore, finding somewhere to refine it into a product that they then have to use to beg Starfleet to get a decent ship.

Maybe the Klingons would - but never, ever ever he UFP. :p
Lt. Commander
# 365
10-07-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerilynnS View Post
THis.

Like I said - I don't think Kirk, or Picard or Janeway ever had to schlep around the universe collecting ore, finding somewhere to refine it into a product that they then have to use to beg Starfleet to get a decent ship.

Maybe the Klingons would - but never, ever ever he UFP. :p
"A lot has changed in three hundred years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of 'things'. We have eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions." -Jean Luc Picard

"The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity." -Jean Luc Picard

"Hey, watch it. There's nothing wrong with our philosophy. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity." -Jake Sisco
Lt. Commander
# 366
10-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSpot
"A lot has changed in three hundred years. People are no longer obsessed with the accumulation of 'things'. We have eliminated hunger, want, the need for possessions." -Jean Luc Picard

"The economics of the future is somewhat different. You see, money doesn't exist in the 24th century... The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in our lives. We work to better ourselves and the rest of Humanity." -Jean Luc Picard

"Hey, watch it. There's nothing wrong with our philosophy. We work to better ourselves and the rest of humanity." -Jake Sisco
Apparently the Ferengi have taken over the Federation and we must now follow the rules of acquisition instead of the federation charter.
Lt. Commander
# 367
10-07-2011, 07:42 AM
Well, there is a reason the free ship tokens had to go... As I stated in another thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeforce
But the free ship plaques are just too confusing for us stupid players. We need ships with prices locked behind ridiculous amounts of grind that can only be afforded by a grant of dilithium AND a discount voucher COMBINED with dilithium that we farmed for ourselves. Can't you see how much simpler a system that is?
Lt. Commander
# 368
10-07-2011, 08:03 AM
^That too!

Well played Galeforce - well played indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 369
10-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
Oh, and for Reference -
Live ShipsTribble CStore Ships
I note that they all went up by 400 points, which is the amount of the golds' monthly stipend. (And the RI went down by the same amount.) Is it a coincidence? Is there some sort of significance to or magic about '400 C-Points?'
Lt. Commander
# 370
10-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Mink
I note that they all went up by 400 points, which is the amount of the golds' monthly stipend. (And the RI went down by the same amount.) Is it a coincidence? Is there some sort of significance to or magic about '400 C-Points?'
Yes, there is some significance to it, TANSTAAFL, There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. In other words, we will give you free points, but we will be raising the costs to compensate for our largess 'cause we thing you are stupid customers and don't know any better.