Lt. Commander
# 381
10-07-2011, 10:39 AM
Don't get me wrong, there are many things that Cryptic can do to improve the game but it is still young. And as much as i admire The Great Bird of the Galaxy's vision, you don't think he was out to make money also? I just don't see how a bunch of grown people can complain about something we basically have no control over. Like i stated if people are unhappy with the game then go elsewhere. No one is forcing you to play this game or any other one for that matter.

And Star Trek has alway been evolving as the years go by. I'm still upset that JJ Abrahams decided it would be ok to blow up Vulcan and kill off Amanda Grayson, but i'm not going to write letters to him. If we have a little patience, we can see which direction it goes. I believe in the past Cryptic has changed some things back the way they were pre-crossfire because it just didn't work. I'm adopting a wait and see attitude at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 382 Starfleet Cadet Training?
10-07-2011, 11:57 AM
What can I say, this has got to be one of the worst "bonus" features in the game!

You run about, find a particle that nobody else has used, scan it and this happens

Particle collapsed, ok fair enough I can live with that. I can even live with the 50/50 random chance of picking the wrong scanning option and destroying it completely (though I think a better idea would be to initiate the combat sequence and then get a reduced reward at the end).

I don't like the fact that when the holographic combat initiates someone else (who just happens to be camping near by, waiting for you to initiate it) can join in and then they get the particle not you! exactly how fair is that? You took the time to scan the particle, initiate the combat & the reward goes not to you, but to some other happy camper, at the very least split the reward between all participants in the fight so everyone gets at least something out of it!
Lt. Commander
# 383
10-07-2011, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post
I can even live with the 50/50 random chance of picking the wrong scanning option and destroying it completely (though I think a better idea would be to initiate the combat sequence and then get a reduced reward at the end).
Just so you know, you use positronic for collapsing/decaying particles and multiphasic(or whatever) for expanding
Lt. Commander
# 384
10-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Vulcan
Just to you know, you use positronic for collapsing/decaying particles and multiphasic(or whatever) for expanding
Cheers! But still, it'd be nice to have a chance of getting at least something if you **** it up.
Lt. Commander
# 385
10-07-2011, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post
What can I say, this has got to be one of the worst "bonus" features in the game!

You run about, find a particle that nobody else has used, scan it and this happens

Particle collapsed, ok fair enough I can live with that. I can even live with the 50/50 random chance of picking the wrong scanning option and destroying it completely (though I think a better idea would be to initiate the combat sequence and then get a reduced reward at the end).

I don't like the fact that when the holographic combat initiates someone else (who just happens to be camping near by, waiting for you to initiate it) can join in and then they get the particle not you! exactly how fair is that? You took the time to scan the particle, initiate the combat & the reward goes not to you, but to some other happy camper, at the very least split the reward between all participants in the fight so everyone gets at least something out of it!
I agree with this SOOO much. Last night it seemed like most of the particles I scanned collapsed as soon as they were scanned, I didn't get the option of the 50/50 choice. Then when the combat would start I was griefed pretty hard. One person in particular seemed to be there every time. Actually I never saw this person scan anything, just went in with higher DPS pistols blazing. After the event and a 1/2 hour spent I had a total of 9 particles, which did me no good since you need 15 to do anything. I think the particles need the same set up as scanning anomalies, you scan it, you get the mini game. Either combat or the 50/50. Not some jerk jumping you from behind.
Lt. Commander
# 386
10-07-2011, 12:27 PM
I guess with all the changes - not that I agree with them, but are there posts for instructions or how to's for the following

Partical fragments - WTH are they
Duty officer system - It looks so complicated, I just click on things and see what happens
Special events? - Where is the schedule for them, what are they for and what they give?

I almost have my next ship, just turned commander. I can handle doing a few drinds to purchase it. But man that 8000 limit for refining delithium is really going to be a pain to deck out my ship with purple items. Someone mentioned that quantum = 300 emblems. Do you know how long it takes to get 300 emblems. And that's for one item?
Lt. Commander
# 387
10-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I agree, thats way to limited.
Just fully "arming" a T5 cruiser alone would take 108 days aka more than Three and a Half months! And that just isn't acceptable.

Fine for silver members, but still "unacceptable" for us loyal gold members.
Your still ripping us off, as instead of grinding dailies, PvP and exploration missions for better "equipment" we end up being "forced" to spend it on a new ship instead.

I'm sorry, but the only real solution here is to bring back the Free Ship Token's, at least for subscribers.
you know what im waiting for the part where they say OR you can just buy the ship from the C store
Lt. Commander
# 388
10-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
you know what im waiting for the part where they say OR you can just buy the ship from the C store
Have you checked on Tribble? When selecting your ship there's a buy button with a C Point logo at the bottom of the window. The T4 Defiant popped up a confirm for 220 c-points when I clicked it, but I cancelled so I don't know if that actually lets you buy it from the C store or not, but it does appear to be possible.
Lt. Commander
# 389
10-07-2011, 01:57 PM
Just for the ppl say its a 50/50 chance for getting the particels if captuer event happens... nope its 100% just look at the name of the particels... they are either expanding or colapsing... and depending on that you choose the right scan option.
Lt. Commander
# 390
10-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
[*] At the ranks of Commander and above you will need to earn some additional dilithium to be able to afford the next ship, so be sure to play some daily missions for those rewards. [list][*]See the developer's log for information about the new changes to the economy.[*]http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2637
The link listed here lists nothing about the new changes to the economy - it is the announcement on the new Klingon changes.