Lt. Commander
# 61
10-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
You may process up to 8,000 ore into refined dilithium each day.[/list]
8.000 per day? How about taking a look at the equipment prices?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami_Inferno
Players will not be able to train Bridge Officers in new powers at this time.
Eh, ok, this is something you should have told us before, like you did with the Duty Officer bug. Its a bit pointless to level a character without being able to train our officers. The combinations most officers come with are, lets call it not so good.
Lt. Commander
# 62
Something to consider, the conversion rate for raw ore to refined dilithium hasn't been stated. It may prove to be in our favor. If not I would hope they listen to feedback and adjust it accordingly. In regards to the commander+ ships, some (not all or most) of us in beta and early development felt you should earn your ship. This is one method. Try it out, with enough negative (but constructive) feedback, we may get this adjusted or changed if it proves not to work well.
Lt. Commander
# 63 wow, it really got worse
So we'll only be able to get enough money to get an item every week or two? We can't repeat exploration missions anymore? We'll have to use some of that money that takes months to outfit a ship and use it to buy the ship instead? And lets see...I wont be able to get a new ship at commander because I've already levelled up? You're punishing people for testing early for you? Way to incentivize your players...you punish them for testing.

What I'm reading here is everybody better get all their alts to vice admiral on holodeck before this goes live, and they better spend all their emblems on items that will be worth millions when f2p comes along.

We pay a monthly fee to be abused now it appears. Somehow I don't think this is going to compete well with the many other games coming down the pike.

I paid a lot of money up front for an unfinished game, because I love Star Trek and I wanted to be there to see what the game could become. It sounds like you're making a fool out of me. It sounds like you're breaking the game. I am very disappointed in you guys.
Lt. Commander
# 64
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Someone pointed out earlier that we do not know the conversion rate from unrefined dilithium to refined dilithium. I am putting my toys back into my pram until this conversion rate is discovered... that is all.
Lt. Commander
# 65
10-06-2011, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protector View Post
You use merits to train in NEW skills and then rank them up with Bridge Officer skill points. So you'll be able to raise their skills, just not get new ones for them.
oh ya, i forgot merits and BOSP were 2 different things. been at level cap too long.
Lt. Commander
# 66
10-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Only 8000 Dilithium Refinement per day? At 140,000 per mk XI weapon, thats 18 days per weapon.
Yeah even on paper these economy changes seem way out of whack.
Lt. Commander
# 67
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
No update for missions still handing out Merit???? When will Merit be added to dilithium.. Sitting on over 25,000 Merit at Captain 6
Lt. Commander
# 68
10-06-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
So we'll only be able to get enough money to get an item every week or two? We can't repeat exploration missions anymore? We'll have to use some of that money that takes months to outfit a ship and use it to buy the ship instead? And lets see...I wont be able to get a new ship at commander because I've already levelled up? You're punishing people for testing early for you? Way to incentivize your players...you punish them for testing.

What I'm reading here is everybody better get all their alts to vice admiral on holodeck before this goes live, and they better spend all their emblems on items that will be worth millions when f2p comes along.

We pay a monthly fee to be abused now it appears. Somehow I don't think this is going to compete well with the many other games coming down the pike.

I paid a lot of money up front for an unfinished game, because I love Star Trek and I wanted to be there to see what the game could become. It sounds like you're making a fool out of me. It sounds like you're breaking the game. I am very disappointed in you guys.
one, the conversion rate hasn't been stated yet. the current prices of ships/items/etc may change to reflect this (and they did say the dilithilum changes were coming in parts, which has happened so far).
two, exploration clusters can be repeated, just less frequently (instead of every 30 minutes, now once per day)

it's still too early to grab the torches and pitchforks
Lt. Commander
# 69
10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Fixed colonial Medical Supply and Provision resupply assignments.
Just say you nerfed Medical Relief and Ground Resupply. We know that's what you mean. Bye bye powerleveling for Medical and Military, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 70
10-06-2011, 12:57 PM
Wow... some of you need to realize we are testing this. It's way way to early for all the doom and gloom and epic fail stuff. A few points:

1) The limit is on refning 8000 dillithium ore.. don't assume it's a one to one conversion. In fact, I suspect it isn't based on a dev post (lord know where I saw it) that eventually you could do this on your ship and having the right duty officers would increase the yield. That makes me think it's not a one to one conversion.

2) Prices will change. That's why we are testing to give feedback.

3) Finally, test a way, break everything... twice... so that when this does launch it is indeed not an epic fail but instead and epic success.

The success or failure of this launch rests more in our hands than cryptics at this point. They have and will continue to listend to us. WE will make this a success. Put away the ptich forks and go break something...have fun!