Lt. Commander
# 71
10-06-2011, 12:58 PM
And I thought the economy was bad in RL...seriously Devs, you are on the verge of royally screwing up your chance to relaunch this game.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't see a fix for Military Ranks being same as Science, and for rank-up to Soldier not updating the current tier I'm at in the Commendations window. I completed the rank up mission from the journal, and I got the Soldier title and the DOFF reward, but Commendations still says (before Tribble went down) "next tier 2,500"; and I have 2,600+ Military CXP earned.
Lt. Commander
# 73
You guys are out of your mind.

If itss 8000 ore = 8000 refined Dilithium.. you aren't even IN THE BALLPARK.

How can people who don't play 12 hours a day get anything done?

Not only is the 8000 cap unreasonable in every way, the rate at which you earn ore will require long play sessions to even get that 8000.. and you can't do anything else?

What happened to it being a time-based currency? Why doesn't anytime spent earn you currency? What happened to the mission rewards that were Merit/Honor being rolled over to Dilithium?

This isn't fooling anyone, its CLEARLY all built around making C-Store->Dilithium exchange being the primary acquisition method... and we won't tolerate that. Keep that junk in Asian games.

At levels below Admiral you should be able to earn 4 to 5 pieces of gear PER DAY so you can reasonably outfit a ship. If you MUST slow down gearing for Admirals, then they MUST earn at least one piece of gear per day.

I can't think that this is anything but a Perfect World economy revamp coming from on high, because this is a complete 180 degree change from the game we know.

You WILL lose us.
Lt. Commander
# 74
Some clarification needs to be made regarding exploration missions. Will we not be able to do more than three per day, or will there be a daily to get the dilithium reward separate from the normal explore missions? Also, will it be one explore daily period, or per cluster?
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
The dilithium conversion limit basically means:

- Go to Holodeck
- Grind as much Merits and Emblems as possible for the Characters you care about
- Hope they convert all your earned stuff and not bringing in a dilithium cap

Now we have the incentive for (current) subscribers.... future players will have a game where it is not easy to get good stuff (what is not really bad), but everyone who is fully equipped and has loads of pre-diilitium will have a huge advantage.

But in the end: This is all subject to change. So I keep calm and hope for the best.
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-06-2011, 01:01 PM
There is supposed to be a Blog post today explaining the dilithium economy. Hopefully it will answer some of our questions.
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-06-2011, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan1701 View Post
I think the whole goal is for people to buy a ship with c-store points and then use the free dilithium to gear it up. That's why they are making all these low level plus one ships and not giving enough dilithium to buy the standard ones. Because it's easier to just buy the ship then have to grind up to get it and then spend even more time grinding up to gear it up.
Or you could do what I'm doing on Tribble. Just grind explorations for XP's to level up and do only diplo and ground missions. Also with private PvP we could always have T2 commander pvp. The work-arounds for this new economy are going to be funny.
Lt. Commander
# 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
You guys are out of your mind.

If itss 8000 ore = 8000 refined Dilithium.. you aren't even IN THE BALLPARK.

How can people who don't play 12 hours a day get anything done?

Not only is the 8000 cap unreasonable in every way, the rate at which you earn ore will require long play sessions to even get that 8000.. and you can't do anything else?

What happened to it being a time-based currency? Why doesn't anytime spent earn you currency? What happened to the mission rewards that were Merit/Honor being rolled over to Dilithium?

This isn't fooling anyone, its CLEARLY all built around making C-Store->Dilithium exchange being the primary acquisition method... and we won't tolerate that. Keep that junk in Asian games.
Please provide a link from a dev post that states it is a one to one conversion. Otherwise we are just playing a guessing game until the server goes back up.
Lt. Commander
# 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Stipe
Wow... some of you need to realize we are testing this. It's way way to early for all the doom and gloom and epic fail stuff. A few points:

1) The limit is on refning 8000 dillithium ore.. don't assume it's a one to one conversion. In fact, I suspect it isn't based on a dev post (lord know where I saw it) that eventually you could do this on your ship and having the right duty officers would increase the yield. That makes me think it's not a one to one conversion.

2) Prices will change. That's why we are testing to give feedback.

3) Finally, test a way, break everything... twice... so that when this does launch it is indeed not an epic fail but instead and epic success.

The success or failure of this launch rests more in our hands than cryptics at this point. They have and will continue to listend to us. WE will make this a success. Put away the ptich forks and go break something...have fun!
News flash: This is "feedback" we are giving.
We are telling them already now that we do not want this.
While the conversion rate may yet to be determined, we do know that at this point gold members are being screwed over.

1.) No ship token and not enough dilithium to get a free ship at commander and up.
2.) Forced to spend dilithium we grind in PvP, Dailies and Exploration on a new ship instead of spending it on EQUIPMENT as we do now with badges on holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 80
How about a different, larger dillithium ore refine rate for subscribers? Adding an incentive to actually subscribe.