Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 01:27 PM
EXP is artificially high so we (the testers) can level up through the episode content to make sure the F2P folks have a good time without bugs. That's why only the episode exp is artificially high and not all missions like patrols, exploration, sector defense and so on.

They've already fixed the two mission-breaking bugs in Stop the Signal (the computer not triggering and the Undine ship being very difficult to solo). There will be a lot more missions getting polished up before the end of F2P beta.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
People are hitting the cap before they're even halfway done with Romulan content. This seems a bit excessive, hitting the cap before you've finished even half the missions in the game.
As far as what I have read on the TTS channel the skill point gain is intended to get people to max level quicker.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Am I missing something?
10-06-2011, 02:12 PM
I am all the way to Empok Nor in the Cardassian missions and I am Rear Admiral Upper 6. I have ran the doffs since I got them, I have over 3500 cxp in the military tier. I am not max level. So i wish i knew how they got max level on the Romulan Arc. I have heard there is a foundry exploit. I have not even done a foundry mission on tribble so I wouldn't know.

That being said, I thought I was leveling fast until I hit this sector where the missons went from over 1000 xp to 510 xp. But there are still 3 more Story arcs to go all be it short ones. I am sure they are going to chnge the xp you recieve cause if you haven't noticed, the rewards are all jacked up too. I am sure they will fix it all. I was just here to test the doff system anyway
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2011, 04:54 PM
Wish it were like this on Live. That's a longshot though. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Leveling certainly doesn't feel fast in a Miranda class. It still feels like slogging through the Western approaches in 1941 with all the battleships you face.

Seriously, can we get a bit of an upgrade on the old Miranda?
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
Leveling certainly doesn't feel fast in a Miranda class. It still feels like slogging through the Western approaches in 1941 with all the battleships you face.

Seriously, can we get a bit of an upgrade on the old Miranda?
This is a fair point. Some of the grindiest missions are when you're iin the most tedious ship. Not a good combonation to entice new players.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennan View Post
This is a fair point. Some of the grindiest missions are when you're iin the most tedious ship. Not a good combonation to entice new players.
Exactly.

I've noticed the severe "step" seems to exist between Tier 2 (LtC) and Tier 3 (Cmdr) ships. If you look at the Tier 1 and 2 ships, they aren't that much different. Frankly, the Tier 1 ships suck, and the Tier 2 ships suck only a little less.

I noted in another thread that increasing the weapon slots to 3 Fore / 2 Aft and changing the Console slots to 2/2/2 would go a long way towards making the ships feel not so grindy, and make a smoother transition curve from Tutorial up to Commander.

The ships from Tier 3 on, seem like a smooth curve in how they increase in stats, power and effectiveness. But not Tier 1 and 2.

Tweaking those starter tiers, while it might make them a bit OP at the start, won't unbalance the game and certainly would make space more fun for the newbies Cryptic wants to get playing their game.