Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 03:52 PM
I got affected by the "Point Award" too. Lost 10,000 Test Cpoints. Now I can't even buy a T3 ship in the CStore since it happened while I was getting DO packs and didn't notice it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklinaar
Why have C-Store prices gone up across the board on Tribble? It says at the below link that prices would not go up.

http://www.startrekonline.com/f2p_faq#16
Actually it says "currently no plans to increase prices"
From experiance I've learned that's code for "we have the right to change our minds whenever we want, and we probably will"
With the "free" allotment of Cryptics points every month to paying subscribers, I can't say I didn't see a price hike coming.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2011, 04:00 PM
interestingly the rhode island is now 400 points.

now before i say too much im not going to get worked up over the prices on the test server, this may be accurate, it may be totally overblown for testing to see what people buy. it may apply only to silver accounts when it goes live or it may be for everybody.

id like to hear some official comments on it first.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
id like to hear some official comments on it first.
Yeah that will happen like the F2P Q&A Forum, we all got official answers there lol
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2011, 04:13 PM
I lost 20, 000 C-store test points
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
I lost 20, 000 C-store test points
Seriously..? You paid Cryptic $250 for C-store points all in one go?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by segma View Post
Seriously..? You paid Cryptic $250 for C-store points all in one go?
And there is the reason they get away with everything.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Screen cap before they change it
Just FYI - from the F2P FAQ:
Quote:
Q: Will there be any changes to the C-Store now that STO is going free-to-play?

A: Yes. We'll be reviewing the content and prices of goods on offer in the C-store. This includes prices for ships at all tiers. There are currently no plans to increase the price of any premium ship. For now, we know that some previously purchasable playable species will soon be free (Ferengi, Rigelian, Pakled, Tellarite), and others (Liberated Borg, Joined Trill, Federation Klingons) will be earned through other means. If you have already unlocked access to any C-store items, including playable species, you will retain that access in the free-to-play transition.
Not defending any C-Store price changes per se; but the only thing stated not to be changing were the price of 'premium ships'. If they did up the prices on any of the existing C-Store ships, then yes, you've got a valid gripe. But be aware, when CO went F2P many item prices did in fact go up; so I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen also with STO. (And no, I don't like C-Store price increases either; but, if you want to gt out the Pitchforks, be sure you know what they (Cryptic) said with regard to the C-Store and F2P. (And if anyone can find a Dev post where they stated siomething different, by all means share it. Let's keep them 'honest'.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Just FYI - from the F2P FAQ:

Not defending any C-Store price changes per se; but the only thing stated not to be changing were the price of 'premium ships'. If they did up the prices on any of the existing C-Store ships, then yes, you've got a valid gripe. But be aware, when CO went F2P many item prices did in fact go up; so I'd be very surprised if that didn't happen also with STO. (And no, I don't like C-Store price increases either; but, if you want to gt out the Pitchforks, be sure you know what they (Cryptic) said with regard to the C-Store and F2P. (And if anyone can find a Dev post where they stated siomething different, by all means share it. Let's keep them 'honest'.
Well, you used to be able to get the excelsior with plaques (which are no longer awarded), and the base Excel is now C-Store only for 800 CP when it used to be able to be bought for E.C. and the refit is now up to 1600 CP. soooo that's a MAJOR change that is not cool. It really doesn't affect me since all my characters are at max level, but still...
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-06-2011, 04:59 PM
I have my team working now on correcting the Test Point problem, with scary, big, well armed Klingon warriors making sure they don't leave their desks until everything is set right. I'm very, very sorry and we will get this corrected as soon as possible.

For those concerned that 1,200 points is not sufficient to try out some parts of the game, this is just the first stipend. There will be more coming at different times during the test period, and I'll keep the Klingon warriors on retainer for the next time the stipend is granted.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online