Lt. Commander
# 71
10-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Sisko View Post
seriously they are going free to play which means the c store will be there only source of income did you really think the prices would not go up???

why do most of the folks on here act like they live in a bubble and no dont show me a link where they said things would not go up......im not really caring things change in life get over it or just dont buy it omg
We wouldn't have said much if they *didn't* say that prices WOULD NOT go up.

Who, I wonder, is living in a bubble? HINT: It ain't me.
Lt. Commander
# 72
10-08-2011, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
We wouldn't have said much if they *didn't* say that prices WOULD NOT go up.

Who, I wonder, is living in a bubble? HINT: It ain't me.
Well now that's just the thing, isn't it? They didn't say that prices wouldn't be going up, they said there were no plans for them to do so. It may well be the lawyer in me talking, but that statement quite clearly states that we shouldn't be under the illusion that everything will absolutely stay the same.

Furthermore, I'm highly inclined to agree with Sisko - if you thought that the game going FREE to play meant that Cryptic wouldn't have to derive some income from somewhere else, and that the only place else that they could derive income from was the C-Store, then the bubble analogy seems quite accurate.

I'm by no means a Cryptic fan-boy, and have done more than my fair share of complaining in-game and, to some extent, here on the forums, but I can't see anything worth complaining about here... Unless of course you're simply a malcontent. HINT: It ain't me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancstew View Post
Interesting to note that he bounced right before F2P, most likely because he did not want to bow to his new masters.

Wish others would have the same gumption.
Supposition much?
Lt. Commander
# 73
10-08-2011, 07:31 AM
Sweet. I look forward to testing the Cstore
Lt. Commander
# 74
10-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seancstew View Post
There was a post by dStahl a while back that stated the prices would not go.

Interesting to note that he bounced right before F2P, most likely because he did not want to bow to his new masters.

Wish others would have the same gumption.
The statement wasn't 'we promise we won't" is was "currently no plans to"...
And I really, really doubt he left for the reasons you've stated, heh.
It's pretty common practice when a company takes over another you get rid of the former man in charge, especially if that company is foundering even a little, and put your own in place.
Been there, done that...
Lt. Commander
# 75
10-08-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Galloway
Well now that's just the thing, isn't it? They didn't say that prices wouldn't be going up, they said there were no plans for them to do so. It may well be the lawyer in me talking, but that statement quite clearly states that we shouldn't be under the illusion that everything will absolutely stay the same.

Furthermore, I'm highly inclined to agree with Sisko - if you thought that the game going FREE to play meant that Cryptic wouldn't have to derive some income from somewhere else, and that the only place else that they could derive income from was the C-Store, then the bubble analogy seems quite accurate.

I'm by no means a Cryptic fan-boy, and have done more than my fair share of complaining in-game and, to some extent, here on the forums, but I can't see anything worth complaining about here... Unless of course you're simply a malcontent. HINT: It ain't me.

Supposition much?
It's not unreasonable to expect that when they say something, even if a maybe, that they actually stick to their word. And you wonder why I'm not content?
Lt. Commander
# 76
10-08-2011, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Galloway

Supposition much?
It's not unreasonable to expect that when they say something, even if a maybe, that they actually stick to their word or explain in detail why they are doing the opposite. And you wonder why I'm not content? Really?

EDIT: There are also no plans to wipe our toons on Holodeck. Do you also think it unreasonable to be mad if they *did* wipe them?
Lt. Commander
# 77
10-08-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I think the more pressing concern on most of our minds is the 33% increase on nearly every item in the C-store when we were previously promised either no change or reduced prices. Ships were previously over priced, now they are ridiculously over priced. Previously EC ships (Excelsior at T3) are now C-store ships. This is what we want addressed on top of the Test Points being removed.
I'm really concerned with the prices of ships going up FURTHER along with the recent trend to include special ability consoles with them. Mainly because, some of these consoles are causing balancing issues in PVP, (the antimatter spread console in particular) and there are calls for the elimination or change to that console.
( http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=233729 )
Now I'm not debating whether the asked for change is warranted or not, cause I happen to see the PVP communities concerns.
BUT -
If I buy a ship, with a said console/special ability, I don't want that console changed into something useless, AFTER you have my money .

I've even read some concerns voiced over the DOFF system changing the balance of PVP already.

I also have an issue with the quality of some of these ship models. The most recent ships have been great. BUT the Intrepid retrofit ship, I purchased from the C store a while ago, could use some major improvement quality wise STILL. Especially on the underside of the saucer, which is completely wrong, has missing running lights and is in serious need of some smoothing.
This has to be improved if you want top dollar for these ships.
I don't feel the quality on that particular model, justifies an increase, sorry. I understand that CaptnLogan's very busy, but if you're considering increasing the price on this model that's had addressable quality issues, for over a year now, that's not giving players value for their hard earned money.
( http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=163481 )

If this is the way the game's headed, fine, but these issues should be addressed.

I don't mean this as a negative attack. I'm a very good C store customer providing personal feedback on a few concerns I have with some of your products.
Lt. Commander
# 78
10-09-2011, 02:41 AM
btw. i'd like to know when we get the 2nd stipend, so i can finally get my hands on a Tier 5 ship...
my VA1 is sitting in a Galaxy and isn't able to get a Tier 5 at all right now ;P

not that i would really care, i got my Holodeck goodies secured already ;P
Lt. Commander
# 79
10-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Here's a question: Why are we required to use points on a Test server at all? Champions Online's test server has everything from the C-Store for free.
Lt. Commander
# 80
10-09-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord75
Here's a question: Why are we required to use points on a Test server at all? Champions Online's test server has everything from the C-Store for free.
So does Redshirt here. They are pretty much testing how popular the new CStore pricing is. I' fell victim to wanting Duty Officers... not expensive for the amount you get, though.