Lt. Commander
# 11
10-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtk142 View Post
Yeah not too crazy about how this is coming across, but will reserve final judgement till I've played it. Most all of my stuff is crafted, I really hope they don't nerf that system.
Guessing they will.

The dilithium (and likely other changes) are designed to change how you spend time in the game.
By limiting how much you can accomplish each day they keep you in-game for more days, thus increasing the chances of money spent.

My latinum says there will be a very functionally similar limit placed on crafting either by;
  • Limiting the number of items crafted a day
  • Jacking the amount of anomalies required per item thru the roof
  • Creating a similar refinement system with anomalies

Its strategy.
Cold calculating strategy.
Its exactly what you ought to expect. They're a business first and foremost.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by temprus View Post
Where are you getting ships being character only? The ones I bought were account wide still.
the wording on the C-store mentioning all characters on an account has been removed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
Looking at the following, please tell me why we should continue to humor you guys.

Before I forget! C-Store prices (mostly) went up, not down, and now ships are per character, *not* account-wide.

Yes, I really do think Cryptic thinks we're stupid bottomless wallets with no jobs.

Wow I sure hope on top off all the other stupid moves there not going to make ships character wide now. Even more so with the Price Increase!
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
Wow I sure hope on top off all the other stupid moves there not going to make ships character wide now. Even more so with the Price Increase!
If I wasn't already convinced that they have dollar signs in their eyes and it made them lose all common sense, I'd share in that hope.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Good way to really stick it to your loyal subscribers.

If it's not clear, I am not happy with these changes and I regret purchasing a Life Time sub for the game.

There are only a few months until another MMO comes out that I'm interested in, and I wish you all the best when that day comes.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-06-2011, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
If I wasn't already convinced that they have dollar signs in their eyes and it made them lose all common sense, I'd share in that hope.
A Rumor says that the Company will be renamed in "Money Grabtic".
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCO
Just confirmed to not be the case (for the moment)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
We have not made any changes to make ships unlock per character. All ships should still unlock account wide.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-06-2011, 06:29 PM
This is absolutely unacceptable.

Its been said before and i say it again, by removing the free ship token's and not replacing them with anything of "equal" value you are screwing over your loyal subscribing customers.
And as has been said before, you also now force people to spend the currency they would previously have spent on new gear on getting a new ship instead.

There is absolutely nothing good with this change, nor is there any valid reason why the ship tokens were removed.
We as Gold members should not have ANY restrictions, but you are doing just that.
Lt. Commander
# 19
There was no change to how ships unlock. C-Store purchases of ships are still unlocked at the account level for all characters. If any ship is not behaving this way (so far my team has not found any), then there is a bug that we'll get fixed promptly once it is found.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
Lt. Commander
# 20
Unbelievable. So basically Cryptic's flipping gold's the bird by trashing a fundamental part of gameplay (ranking up) with F2P, in spite of having claimed we will not notice any SIGNIFICANT changes to our gameplay.

I'm sorry but this is just another reason why i will never touch ANYTHING made by Cryptic again. The only reason i am here and voicing my opinion at all these days is because i was stupid and subbed for life at launch.

It's blatantly obvious Cryptic doesn't care at all about quality gameplay for it's existing subscriber base and is just doing a last mad grab for player cash before .... other MMO options drain their playerbase into insignificance.

R.I.P. STO to this subscriber.

There i said it. I didn't want to, as i am a huge Star Trek fan and it upsets me to see the IP handled as Cryptic has. Cryptic, you should be ashamed of yourselves.