Lt. Commander
# 21
10-06-2011, 06:30 PM
we can only get unrefined dilithium from missions we can only do once a day? that simply will not do! you can get through an entire rank in a day easily, how are you ever supposed to afford anything, unless you only play an hour or 2 a day, and spread your leveling over a month?

everything cost dilithium now! and you don't even have enough for your next ship! even pretty basic weapons cost dilithium, and the energy credit venders have nothing but crap now, being stuck with low tier gear AND ships is an epidemic on tribble right now.

everything that costs merits and honor now costs dilithium. currently you get merits from every single thing you do in game, but now everything that costs merits now is going to cost us the equivalent of emblems, with a 200% mark up? this game wont be playable! life timers and gold players are loosing MOST of their ability to gear up that they have now!! unless prices are slashed 10 fold we are 10 times worse off in F2P then we are currently.

every single thing we do in game that earns us any experience or merits now needs to be giving us dilithium too, there simply wont be enough to do any basic progression. this was supposed to be a payed for your time currency, well as it is its a paid for >2 hour's of your time once a day, don't level to fast! currency.

what this entire economy depends on is this: what is the exchange rate for unrefined to refined? if its 1 to 1, then everything i just said is correct. if its closer to 1 to 100, things might work out. this detail is VERY important, so please share it before you enrage your player base further!
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
This is absolutely unacceptable.

Its been said before and i say it again, by removing the free ship token's and not replacing them with anything of "equal" value you are screwing over your loyal subscribing customers.
And as has been said before, you also now force people to spend the currency they would previously have spent on new gear on getting a new ship instead.

There is absolutely nothing good with this change, nor is there any valid reason why the ship tokens were removed.
We as Gold members should not have ANY restrictions, but you are doing just that.
Anyone else planning to panic-level characters?
I intend to make sure everything I've got is leveled and kitted out *before* the changes hit.
Depending how the conversion from current currencies to Dilithium works I might also panic-stockpile (if it does any good, but my guess is everything will be converted to raw dilithium. Not processed.)

Heh. Ironically this might actually get me to play my Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
we can only get unrefined dilithium from missions we can only do once a day? that simply will not do! you can get through an entire rank in a day easily, how are you ever supposed to afford anything, unless you only play an hour or 2 a day, and spread your leveling over a month?!
Congratulations.
You have figured out what they are trying to force players to do!
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Maybe the Executive Producer should remember or be told that the Devidian and Breen missions no longer open up at level X, but instead can only be opened by doing every preceeding mission in the game-long episode chain. This is only a half dozen missions for the Devidian arc, but will in fact require dozens of prereq missions for the Breen arc.

I'm just saying.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Cryptic...destroying something good in only a month....wonder how long the guy who thought this up kept his job? and if he still has it fire him.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-06-2011, 06:34 PM
This new economy change is seeming horrible. The C-Store changes on Tribble are horrible.
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Anyone else planning to panic-level characters?
I intend to make sure everything I've got is leveled and kitted out *before* the changes hit.
Depending how the conversion from current currencies to Dilithium works I might also panic-stockpile (if it does any good, but my guess is everything will be converted to raw dilithium. Not processed.)

Heh. Ironically this might actually get me to play my Klingon.

Congratulations.
You have figured out what they are trying to force players to do!
Actually, I panic-levelled one of my toons a couple of weeks ago because I smelled a rat in this debacle.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm trying to stay positive guys, but I really can't... I know that this is only the first iteration of the economy, but I am severely unimpressed and concerned with what I'm seeing.

There's too many hard caps on Dilithium right now. What is meant to be a time based currency is looking more and more like a heavy handed gating mechanism designed to push people in to the C-Store. I don't feel like my time playing the game is well spent/rewarded with the current iteration of the economy on tribble.

Prices for equipment have seen a massive increase in costs when compared to the live server, and even with the new additions with today's patch, the opportunities for gaining Dilithium are few and the amounts given out, paltry. There are hard caps on top of hard caps, meaning that it'll be difficult to even get the (rather pathetic) 8k ore to refine per day. This is not good, and certainly not encouraging me to play. With the situation as it is now you've got a problem where at low levels Dilithium is too scarce to be worth the effort earning (besides being forced to plunge most of what you can in to funding your next ship), and at higher tiers it's completely pointless because of the ease of getting hold of the STF gear.

Add in the fact that the dilithium rewards seem incredibly inconsistent. Ore rewards for some things, while refined dilithium for others. This needs to be standardised, and honestly, you guys really need to take a look back at the live server to help you do this.

In my opinion you should have all items that gave marks/badges (exploration missions, pvp matches) on the live server work normally, and grant you ore per completion, while the dailies should give you refined Dilithium. With a more sensible refinement hard cap you will still have control of how much Dilithium enters the economy. Until refined, any excess ore earned by players is worthless, it doesn't effect the economy, but it allows those who play mostly at the weekend to bank some ore by doing their favourite activity in game (I stress this point) which they can then process during the week when their time is more limited.

Seriously guys, the balance right now is way off. Thanks to all the limits placed on it and the sky high prices of everything available for it the Dilithium currency is pretty much worthless. If you weren't forced to earn it to buy ships, I think most people wouldn't bother and would end up falling back on using energy credits on the exchange to buy loot to equip their ships and/or grind the STFs at max level.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
There was no change to how ships unlock. C-Store purchases of ships are still unlocked at the account level for all characters.
Yes, but are vessels such as the Tier 3 Excelsior and Tier 5 Excelsior different beasts? Will purchasing one net us the other?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-06-2011, 06:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
I'm a little nervous that there weren't any specifics given about crafting changes and what will become of our left-over currencies when F2P hits.

Usually withholding info till later is a precursor to anger-inducing news.

I'm especially nervous about crafting changes mentioned.
Heretofore I've actually acquired most of my stuff via crafting since the speed at which I can acquire, well anything, is only limited by how fast I can grind or purchase anomalies.

I'm worried this will be gated in some way like the dilithium.
I don't like the idea that the speed at which I can kit-out is limited by anything but the time I have to put into the game.
They mentioned they would either become Dilithium or Energy credits...
Lt. Commander
# 30 Exchange rates lease
10-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Yes post what the exchage rate will be.