Lt. Commander
# 31 Consensus
10-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I have to agree with the consensus on this, the fact that we no longer get a new ship when promoted (i.e. Dilithium + token = more grind for new ship) is unacceptable. Part of the fun of this game is the variety of gameplay, I for one never cared much for dailies, but I would grind some out for gear, but to grind them out to get the new ship I shouldn've gotten when promoted is completely unacceptable. Now I have to spend all my time grinding just to move up into a ship of the tier that I'm in! This game is supposed to be played for fun, since I have to work I can't spend all my waking ours on grinding, instead I would rather be having fun with the variety of gameplay STO offers. Please fix this.
Lt. Commander
# 32
10-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzy
They mentioned they would either become Dilithium or Energy credits...
Yes, but what will turn into what?
What will the amounts be?
Will stuff turn into raw or refined dilithium? (My bet; all raw)
Lt. Commander
# 33
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodge77
I have to agree with the consensus on this, the fact that we no longer get a new ship when promoted (i.e. Dilithium + token = more grind for new ship) is unacceptable. Part of the fun of this game is the variety of gameplay, I for one never cared much for dailies, but I would grind some out for gear, but to grind them out to get the new ship I shouldn've gotten when promoted is completely unacceptable. Now I have to spend all my time grinding just to move up into a ship of the tier that I'm in! This game is supposed to be played for fun, since I have to work I can't spend all my waking ours on grinding, instead I would rather be having fun with the variety of gameplay STO offers. Please fix this.
They're hoping that if you don't have the time then you have oodles of money to burn.

I've said it twice: They are giving us the "lesser of two evils" option. Option 1 is to make this game an endless chore. Option 2 is to take your money (that you may not really have, btw) from you via the C-Store. To me, both options royally suck.
Lt. Commander
# 34
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdangelo View Post
There was no change to how ships unlock. C-Store purchases of ships are still unlocked at the account level for all characters. If any ship is not behaving this way (so far my team has not found any), then there is a bug that we'll get fixed promptly once it is found.

Stephen D'Angelo
Executive Producer
Star Trek Online
It's obvious people are upset with the overall changes being made to the game. Please don't hurt your loyal customers like this. Some of us have Life Time sub's, other are paying to play. Restrict the free players, but not your loyal base.
Lt. Commander
# 35
10-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
With the new changes, the discount plus the Refined Dilithium award will often not be enough to get a ship. It will be close to enough at the lower ranks, but there will be a larger gap at the higher ranks. We expect that players will need to spend a portion of their time as they level up doing daily missions and other means to acquire Dilithium.
Please explain the LOGIC behind this. What positive reason is there for players not to be able to get a new ship right away when they rank up?
Lt. Commander
# 36
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What is the LOGIC of this? It is obviously INTENTIONAL, so why did you DESIGN the system this way?
To force players to spend some of their level-up time doing dailies etc.

All the new systems and changes are designed to put us on a certain set of pathways.
Lt. Commander
# 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Anyone else planning to panic-level characters?
At the moment, I am strongly considering just leaving them behind. I cannot wait for these changes to trickle into Champions and completely level that game as well.

Knee-jerk reaction? Maybe.. but I have had a week of it, as we all have, and the good of these changes eludes me. Perhaps someone can enlighten me as to why all of this is awesome, why the Free-to-Play system is not following the model laid out by Champions, why the game I am playing right now is so incredibly broken that these changes must be introduced as is or the game will simply cease to be?

Dilithium has exceeded its bounds as a unified currency for tokens and emblems. If shoe-horning it to make it fit with the C-Store is causing all of _this_, I question if it is worth it in the short AND long term.
Lt. Commander
# 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
What is the LOGIC of this? It is obviously INTENTIONAL, so why did you DESIGN the system this way?
They designed it this way to force people into the C-Store. Thats the only reason that i can imagine.
Lt. Commander
# 39
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacekeeper View Post
They designed it this way to force people into the C-Store. Thats the only reason that i can imagine.
I can't see the benefit of being a Gold member, if this is the case =/
Lt. Commander
# 40
10-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onesoul1982 View Post
I can't see the benefit of being a Gold member, if this is the case =/
Me neither. Maybe they think we are to stupid to notice that there is no benefit or they will tell us that we got more Inventory and Bank Space than Silvers and that we can use the Foundry to create Missions is enough benefit and that we have no right to demand more. I don't know. Either way, if the F2P is coming live anything near as it is on Tribble now i will regret that i bought a Lifetime.