Lt. Commander
# 1 where do i take these tokens?
01-11-2012, 04:39 AM
Hello,

i completed a few "Starbase 24 PvE" and got a few "Starbase 24 Tokens" for 3rd and 2nd place where do i take them?
Lt. Commander
# 2 well....good question.......
01-11-2012, 04:44 AM
Maybe they're for the games at Chuck E Cheese?

Kidding, not sure...haven't done that type of play since S5 hit....might have to check it out. But if I had to garner a guess? Try ESD...betcha theres a place to cash em in there....I guess Im not sure what you mean by tokens.......

have to be more specific.......game tokens? peep booth tokens? toll bridge tokens?
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-11-2012, 04:51 AM
after i completed the Starbase24 PvE i got as quest reward <random item> and "StarBase24 2nd Place Token" for being on the 3rd or second place of all...
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Lt. Commander
# 5 AH
01-11-2012, 05:13 AM
Yes sir, no tokens to turn in.....when you get 1st place i believe it unlocks a trophey you can mount inside your ships lounge area for display.....the real reward is surviving.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-11-2012, 10:58 AM
The token that you received is actually a prize box will will randomly generate an items based on it's reward tables. You receive the token into your inventory, but it immediately "fires off" as a bind on pickup ability. The token disappears and generate item is added to your inventory.

Cryptic uses to reward tokens in a lot of places. Another place that Cryptic uses these are the Lore Dallies that Cmdr Vela gives out in SFA. When you interact with the Library Computer you get a datachip token, when the data chip token fires off, it will give you a random data chip item. Most of the time, you'll never see that datachip token. But you may see a gap between the datachip and the rest of your inventory. That game is where the datachip token resided in your character's inventory before it fired.

Another place it was use was the Winter Race in Q's Winter Wonderland. The reward for completing the race was a Mysterious Prize Box. That Prize box was a token which randomly gave you a Green, Blue or Red Prize box.And that box itself was another token which will give out random rewards when your opened/used it.

For the SB 24 action, the 1st, 2nd, 3rd place tokens are things will will generate a level appropriate items for you character. It's to prevent a Vice Admiral from getting a Mk II item if they do well in the SB 24 event. And the place token have different reward tables. 1st place I believe is a purple (ultra-rare) items, 2nd place will be a blue (rare) items, 3rd place is green items, and other will be random white or consumable drops.

Edit: The window that open up and shows you the ship gear rewards, is the reward token showing you what item(s) you received as it fires off. You'll see the trivia datachips token going the game things. The window that opens up shows you what specific datachip you received. the window I assume is to show you what item(s) your received with having to run in chat and/or searching your inventory.