Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I really hope they fix the prices for buying gear with dilithium.... it would take like 1/3 of a year to fully equip a cruiser... Maxing crafting and kitting out right from nothing takes about two and a half to three weeks if your not just sitting in front of your machine playing all the time....
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-06-2011, 07:36 PM
I am a paying subscriber (have to be or I wouldn't be able to post this here) who was planning on buying a LTS. BUT if this BS or anything even remotely like it goes live, I will cancel my sub, go silver and never buy a single c-point for use on this game.

CO is doing so well in their FTP system. Yeah, some of the silvers want access to freeform characters but overall it is thriving. And what are they selling in the c-store? Not the basics that you need to play the game, that's for sure. They are selling fluff... and LOTS of it by all accounts. But everything needed to play the game from level 1 to endgame is free. No grinding needed to gather up enough resources to purchase an extra group of powers that you really need to be competitive (or even survive) in the next tier. Take a cue from CO. Don't make your loyal customers grind or pay just for the bare necessities. That BS belongs in some asian MMO, not Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-06-2011, 07:39 PM
So far this economy isn't looking good at all. Looks like STO might be heading for the Great Galactic Depression.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Yeah CO's FTP is done better
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
so what is the emergency patch for?
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-06-2011, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleacoe View Post
So far this economy isn't looking good at all. Looks like STO might be heading for the Great Galactic Depression.
I'm hoarding Medical Supplies, Provisos, Water Purification Systems, and female officers.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-06-2011, 07:50 PM
Dilithium issue? It seems the players including me are taking offense to the high prices. I beleive they are doing this to keep silver members hanging around on STO. You guys want everything NOW! Try to look at it like real life you have to earn thing in life rather than quickly earn given. I for one would appreciate gear that was earned over time than quickly earned. Be patient.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
I'm hoarding Medical Supplies, Provisos, Water Purification Systems, and female officers.
What a coincidence.

That was Kirk's (And thus the Enterprise's) true five year mission.
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel_Falcon View Post
Dilithium issue? It seems the players including me are taking offense to the high prices. I beleive they are doing this to keep silver members hanging around on STO. You guys want everything NOW! Try to look at it like real life you have to earn thing in life rather than quickly earn given. I for one would appreciate gear that was earned over time than quickly earned. Be patient.
lol some people just make you want to bang your head on your keyboard
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-06-2011, 08:00 PM
BETA.... repeat after me B-E-T-A

Look Folks...just like when the game was in Alpha and early release Beta. It's Beta. that means it can be changed and they are trying new approaches. Yeah, some of them fail, but they are generally taking our input and improving the game with it.

Relax, give the team constructive criticism, and help make things better instead of crying that the ship is sinking and the game is dying. yes there are issues and no I'm not that thrilled about F2P BUT if it keeps the game alive and keeps bringing new content to the game and new players then i'm all for it. I bought the life time when it was still pre-release and I'm just as happy that i did today as I was when i first saw my ship leave a contrail in a nebula

So relax and give them a chance.

Oh and one other thing, yes we all liked DStahl, but he's gone, he left for a better opportunity just like anyone else in IT does.Give DAngelo a break and stop hitting the team over the head with "But DSTAHL said" or if DStahl was here" or ya know Chuck Norris would do it differently.

Cheers,
FyreMouse