Lt. Commander
Hi

ohh yeah did i mention ur bridge officers can die if u send em on missions O.o good god hope they limit it so ur unique and never replaceable reeman and borg officers dont die O.o

And oh yes did i forgot to mention the ships u buy from c store is Per charakter instead of account.
and also prices went up instead of down way to go will this stay like this ?

dilithium on story mission will fill the gap yes or no ?

"One thing in common between the various ways to get Dilithium Ore is that they are limited to once-a-day activities or to activities only open during certain hours of the day. This is not accidental."

quoted from the explanation from the new so called mr boss.

"Existing players are probably used to getting a "free ship token" at each rank up. With the new changes, the discount plus the Refined Dilithium award will often not be enough to get a ship. It will be close to enough at the lower ranks, but there will be a larger gap at the higher ranks. We expect that players will need to spend a portion of their time as they level up doing daily missions and other means to acquire Dilithium. If they do so, they should generally have more than enough to acquire a ship at rank-up. If, however, they have not been participating in the daily content, they may find that there is a gap they need to fill."
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-06-2011, 07:41 PM
I must have missed this daily requirement to get a ship, where did you see this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-06-2011, 07:43 PM
There are discount tokens granted upon ranking up that significantly reduce the Dilithium cost of your new ship. Even then... The costs are obscene in comparison to the rate of Dilithium gain. I'd prefer to pay Energy Credits.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeonJean
I must have missed this daily requirement to get a ship, where did you see this?
There is a new Blog on the webpage. It is not really a daily requirement, though. I would imagine that most people can play and convert daily and not have any issues with Dilthium when it comes time to get a new ship. It is really only a problem for power-gamers who might earn 30,000 Ore in one day but can only convert 8,000 of it.
Lt. Commander
# 5 ok
10-06-2011, 07:45 PM
So basically there making the game free on a monthly basis, and in return there going to make you buy OR grind to get new ships......and what is the problem here? I got a idea, buy $15 worth to C-store points per month and buy new ships, OR actually play the RPG-esque of this game and grind your way to a new ship.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-06-2011, 08:25 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtEliz
Hi

ohh yeah did i mention ur bridge officers can die if u send em on missions O.o good god hope they limit it so ur unique and never replaceable reeman and borg officers dont die O.o
Yes I do, actually. Its a risk of taking certain jobs in the DOff system.

Quote:
And oh yes did i forgot to mention the ships u buy from c store is Per charakter instead of account.
Per account would be nicer, I agree.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-06-2011, 08:37 PM
Hate to say it, but now that Cryptic was bought by Perfect World Entertainment you'll see more of this pay-to-win stuff and ridiculous requirements for non paying members.

The flagship game of Cryptics owners:
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4

For some background: You spend $4000 for the best in-game items.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeochins
For some background: You spend $4000 for the best in-game items.
WHOOOOOOAAAAA.....Wait a minute...

DID YOU SAY $4000?

$4000.00 US Dollars? Not like Pesos or something?

4 Grand?

As in 40 x $100?

Lt. Commander
# 9
10-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtEliz
Maybe I should stock up ships.........that is INSANE! ......wait. I have no money.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Carmichael View Post
WHOOOOOOAAAAA.....Wait a minute...

DID YOU SAY $4000?

$4000.00 US Dollars? Not like Pesos or something?

4 Grand?

As in 40 x $100?

Yes $4000 USD.

Apparently there are people who have spent upwards of $30,000 USD in the 3 years that game has been operational.

Here is a prediction to live by:

1) Sometime in the future a ship item upgrade service will be created. Allowing you to upgrade your weaponary, consoles, etc, with extra stat bonuses based on a refinement level. The refinement of an item is based off of gambling resources. Failure resets refinement level to zero. To refine with 100% success, ridiculously expensive c-shop items are introduced to guarantee refinement. The cost increases exponentially.

2) Sometime in the future the concept of a "slot-machine" similar to the reward box from RA's will be purchasable in the c-store. Except it will have a 0.002% chance to collect a super-duper-ultra rare over-powered item. Conveniently priced at $0.20 a box, tons of boxes will sell.