Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 121
10-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Que's have never been for premade games thats why you should ask for it in OPVP..
That doesn't work though. There's too much of a skill gap. You've seen it in the OPvP tournament. Team A beats team B 15-0 who in turn beats team C 15-1 who beats team D 15-0. QEW and FS seem to have premades going on once in a blue moon. Time zones don't match up well against TSI so most matches only end up being partial premade vs. premade with the partial getting stomped. Any other team that accepts a challenge match gets stomped 15-0/15-1 and of course they don't want to play any more.

So we're supposed to sit on our asses 99% of the time and not queue up and play together as friends? One would think that you would understand our situation well enough being in TSI, no?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 122
10-09-2011, 12:49 PM
Yes because quing up with a premade full of spam and cheese and either beating anyone or getting stomped is alot more fun right?

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4323/lolsob.jpg


No Playing good builds that require teamplay is better then thise 5sci/sci.. ask for premade you know for a game win or loss you might have more fun then a useless "win"
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 123
10-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
Yes because quing up with a premade full of spam and cheese and either beating anyone or getting stomped is alot more fun right?

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/4323/lolsob.jpg


No Playing good builds that require teamplay is better then thise 5sci/sci.. ask for premade you know for a game win or loss you might have more fun then a useless "win"
I have no idea what an SOB/TSI match is supposed to prove. I'm not SOB -- in fact we do the exact same thing to their A team. In this case it only took us about half the time too

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e.../sob_panda.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 124
10-09-2011, 01:50 PM
I want to clarify that the only rule breaking that all the Qew joke fleets (Pirates, Legends of ST, Goombas, Xmen, Turret Boats) commit are more than 3 sci captains/2 "carriers" on the Pirates. However, I think that is offset by the fact we are Nausicaans in crappy Karfis with only turrets. They had torp spread on them before the rule was set in OPVP, but now they have high yield. Also, there have only been two days where weve had more than 3 pirates on a team anyways, and without 5 theyre terrible lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 125
10-09-2011, 02:24 PM
I just want to play.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 126
10-09-2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphezir View Post
(for the records... my rules: no SS, no AMS, no Extend, no TS, no Fighters, only 2 of each profession, only 2 of each ship type (BOPs are Escorts), only one carrier (carriers are sci ships), mixed faction allowed (in mixed faction teams BOPs have to use tactical commander)
These would work for me to. I should really get more PvPing done with you guys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 127
10-09-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beagles View Post
I want to clarify that the only rule breaking that all the Qew joke fleets (Pirates, Legends of ST, Goombas, Xmen, Turret Boats) commit are more than 3 sci captains/2 "carriers" on the Pirates. However, I think that is offset by the fact we are Nausicaans in crappy Karfis with only turrets. They had torp spread on them before the rule was set in OPVP, but now they have high yield. Also, there have only been two days where weve had more than 3 pirates on a team anyways, and without 5 theyre terrible lol.
oh.. so you go from "we never use spam/crap" to "oh we never use spam/crap unless we have a differnt name over our head"

just saying

i do think that if the entire community wants to make a "gentlemens" agree ment for use in the que"s (and possiblly premade matches) then we need to take a couple months, allow the actual use of skills that used to be banned (like faw/mines) basically let all the builds get cycled through again to see whats what and go from there. this realistically will take a couple months. but heres the kicker, it would require teams/people to not complain things are op'd until the first round of "talks" happens. this would also need to be advertised on the opvp chat channel and in every match people are taking part in.

if this can be done we can realistically find out the balance of the skills and how they interact with each other in this "new day/age" of some skills having been changed recently.

whos for this?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 128
10-11-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
i do think that if the entire community wants to make a "gentlemens" agree ment for use in the que"s (and possiblly premade matches)
Raptor Jesus seal of approval applied. However I think we need to keep them banned so we don't scare off the PvErs & Noobs until they can be trained to be competitive in PvP. We've bled so many players from PvP some people don't even bother picking up pvp dailies anymore, getting a KvK or FvK pop is just agony right now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 129
10-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazKid
Raptor Jesus seal of approval applied. However I think we need to keep them banned so we don't scare off the PvErs & Noobs until they can be trained to be competitive in PvP. We've bled so many players from PvP some people don't even bother picking up pvp dailies anymore, getting a KvK or FvK pop is just agony right now.
FvK actually seems bugged entirely.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 130
10-11-2011, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
oh.. so you go from "we never use spam/crap" to "oh we never use spam/crap unless we have a differnt name over our head"

just saying
Theres a whole world of difference between running a joke fleet setup with ground spec toons for a few matches till you get bored with it, than running a full premade team with the aim to win at any and all costs filled with BS powers all day everyday.

Just saying
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:48 AM.