Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
10-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
And giaus, so us following the opvp of our own free will wasnt good enough? Its amazing how much of an uproar this seems to be causing all because we feel everyone in their own fleet should have their own choice on what to use in pvp when theyre by themselves.
Huh? No. TSI is a brand. TSI should stand for something and I guess some of your members want it to stand for something. A fleet of top class players who don't use flavor of the month builds, who don't use cheese. Not because they can't, but because they're so good they don't need it. That is what TSI could stand for. But as long as you have ******* in your fleet such as a certain player who seems to have an affINITY for extreme cheese, the TSI brand never will. And sadly you don't seem to get that, otherwise you would have already acted and downsized TSI to a healthy extent. Well, I can only hope that those players who want to play fair and want a fleet that stands for something, that other players can really look up to, recognize that you are either not willing or not capable to make TSI into such a fleet and leave and create a new fleet. I will happily play with or against them.

BTW: Yes QEW tried stuff like TS after they changed it. We made the Angry Pirates and owned a couple of matches. Hell, we even won a 10vs5 with DJ Grom. After that we had a few discussions and decided not to use that anymore. The Pirates are using THY now, no Goomba is flying around with TS, etc.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
10-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaius View Post
Well, I can only hope that those players who want to play fair and want a fleet that stands for something, that other players can really look up to, recognize that you are either not willing or not capable to make TSI into such a fleet and leave and create a new fleet. I will happily play with or against them.
The fleet tag is the important thing for you? I guess that explains why people can safely use TS+FAW when they wear spacesuits instead of their regular clothing.

Some people prefer fleets that don't give up when they can't win, some people prefer fleets that suicide when they can't win.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
10-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
The fleet tag is the important thing for you? I guess that explains why people can safely use TS+FAW when they wear spacesuits instead of their regular clothing.

Some people prefer fleets that don't give up when they can't win, some people prefer fleets that suicide when they can't win.
So wheres the video of you suiciding on us in the tier 3 stegi contest?

So where is the video of TSI using TS and FAW in the stegi contest?

Well???

Hypocrite much Hilbert?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
10-07-2011, 09:40 PM
Can't speak for everyone, but I haven't got any build changes in mind.

Don't use faw, mines or torp spread, and only ever slot a scramble 1 if it's multiple carriers.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
10-07-2011, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyuk
Can't speak for everyone, but I haven't got any build changes in mind.

Don't use faw, mines or torp spread, and only ever slot a scramble 1 if it's multiple carriers.
You're my jenga hero.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
10-07-2011, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom
The fleet tag is the important thing for you? I guess that explains why people can safely use TS+FAW when they wear spacesuits instead of their regular clothing.

Some people prefer fleets that don't give up when they can't win, some people prefer fleets that suicide when they can't win.
I wasnt even going to post in here, because its just beating a dead horse, but I have to point out the absolute stupidity of this rather insulting post.

First off, the Stegi Tournament was not OPVP. Everyone knew it was going to be BS tactics with the ruleset given, hence why we did not have our real fleet enter. However, energy credits were up for grabs so we participated, thats it (and making 220 million in a couple of hours showed us it was worth it). Outside of those 5 games Spacesuits doesnt exist and none of those abilities were on the ships. Seriously, this is common sense, everyone was using it.

Second, your video of the TSI fed biased funday (admitted by TSI themselves) with us suiciding in when it was 17-1 and already over is some kind of proof....of what? The game was over, there was no breaking through the healing with the restrictions in place. Here, i can make points like this as well:

We prefer to play fleets who dont use cheese and follow OPVP rules rather than ones that bring out Cheese and prohibited powers (lol @ a science captain in a Sci ship with Torp Spread out damaging tactical escort). Context, who needs it right?

Overall the PvP community through the massive dropout rates, the in game arena queues and this post from what is supposed to be the "best" fleet in the game shows there is no hope for competition here. I came back to play this game again because of competitive events. Without them, there is no point of playing for me.

I have been enjoying a beta for an upcoming Sci fi game and havent touched this game in two weeks instead, away from all the BS. The fact is this game could function if everyone stopped using BS powers, but instead of being leaders, all these fleets, including TSI, have become Sheep. Baaaah.

I laugh at the fact that Qew has been accused of using cheese skills by TSI (through PMs and Matteo's thread referring to us) when we havent even played in the last two weeks. What a JOKE that is. Stop making excuses for why your fleet management is a complete mess.

This game hasnt been balanced for a good 8 months now (much like TSI Rock posted here). In the end Im pleased with how, during that time period, Qew stomped TSI consistently. Maybe this is why Hilbert is so upset with us? Upset that the game is so messed up that him and the rest of his fleet simply cant get true revenge on us? I dont know. This game, no matter how we put it, is just a shell of what this game used to be. The Devs have thrown balance out the window and over the mountain.

Oh well. Under all the BS, all the update and all the drama there used to be a great game under it all. It was nearly perfect for a month or two. The unbalanced mechanics have thrown the community into a whirlpool with most opting to choose the easy option of being a sheep. It's disappointing that nobody wants to salvage what is left of that great game. That is all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
10-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurleybird View Post

There's a middle ground here, I think we have it down pretty good. Hopefully TSI is able to find that middle ground as well. I think other fleets should also strive for this. I see some fleets ping-ponging between heavy policing and heavy cheese, and it seems like the consequences have been bad for those fleets.
Sorry as far as i am concerned there is no middle ground

There are only two options

1) You run whatever you want and all the cheese you can bring such as spreads and scramble 3, faw and mines. You do this not because you want to have fun, but because your team is such an epic fail at PVP. That you need to use and abuse known, imbalanced and broken powers in order try to win at any cost.

2) You run a clean tournament setup, designed to maximize the fun for both teams, kills are achieved using teamwork and escorts coordination with science ship, and not mass science ships spamming scramble3+cbp+spreads.

I personally would rather lose running a clean setup then win using known cheese skills like torpedo spread. That skill is so unbelievably unbalanced and overpowered any player who even runs that crap is not even worth my time.

As for TSI running whatever they want, i don't care tbh. If that is what they have to do to beat inferior teams and pugs then in my opinion no better than them. Its just too bad because they have a handful of real superb players that the actions of the fleet as a whole, do no justice
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Qew on this one. While I may have run cheese in the past...and more recent past, I have removed it from all of my ships. If the team I am on while playing chooses to use those skills, well I can't really do anything about that but voice my possible concern. I've not been playing long enough to know how "balanced" PVP used to be so I have to deal with what is here right now. I've almost given up on space PVP and have moved onto ground PVP (where there is rarely any scramble, mind you, so come join me!). The hypocrisy of a lot of the major fleets I think is somewhat amusing. It's just a big word merry-go-round. If you say that you're going to run a "clean" tournament approved setup, then stick to your guns. Again, I've NOT always been the cleanest player, but I plan on it from now on, whether I win or lose. So I'll strap on my Auxiliary to Battery II and hope for the best!

Also, have fun in that "sci-fi" game Kharn I'll be joining soon enough.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
10-08-2011, 01:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
You're my jenga hero.
Now that's what I call balanced PvP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
10-08-2011, 01:46 AM
I suppose the state of PvP is simply just so disappointing right now that the only thing we can hope for some good entertainment is some drama on the forums?

In the end, these quarrels are all a result of the game's state. We are all dissatisfied, and since we can't seem to reach anyone else, we now start to lash out against each other?
Are we (or at least some of us, or even the PvP community as a whole) risking to move on a path of self-destruction?
Are we still having fun in PvP? If so, when or how did we have it, and if not, how can we have fun again on our own (without hoping for another big balancing pass or content influx, which is out of our control and even if in planning, would probably take month)?

The organized PvP tournament was an attempt to give players fun again. It worked, initially, but it seemed to have collapsed under the weight of the self-imposed (but good-intentioned) rules, mis-interpretations, dissenting opinions and simply the lack of available players. Can we do something to make the next attempt more successful? Or are things really out of our hands?
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:23 PM.