Lt. Commander
# 1 duty officer bonus
10-06-2011, 09:44 PM
ok i just dont understand thats alot of work i mean alot. there are many from trading to deplomcey... and they need alot of points to rank to the next tier...i cant see it being done in 3 weeks time. i feel to get to a tier 3 will take a long time

"As a bonus, playing on Tribble can earn your character on Holodeck some free random Duty Officers, awarded within the three weeks after free-to-play goes live on Holodeck. Complete any Tier 1 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique blue-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 2 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique purple-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 3 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive a unique purple-quality duty officer with an active roster ability not attainable anywhere else in the game"
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2011, 05:02 AM
any thoughts on this
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2011, 05:06 AM
Already reached tier 3, just focus on diplomacy. You can mix the diplomacy doff assignments with diplomacy missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
so doing missions that award diplomacy points combine with the DOFF assingment "diplomacy" for counting towards the commendations? just curious cus unless i'm missing somehting you can only attempt 1 assingment at a time and the only "diplomacy" assingments take 3 days and rewards a whopping 17 diplomacy xp....which means it'd be impossible to attain that withi9n the doff assignment system short of taking a few years of game time...
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
You can do more than one assignment at a time, i currently have six diplomacy DOFF assignments going, these were single day missions too. You grind a few exploration clusters for the odd siplomacy mission, aswell as the sector patrols, pick up the diplimatic investigations from Jiro Sugihara for a guarunteed one and it should only take a little less than a week to max it out completely.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2011, 03:28 PM
Diplomacy yea... but getting tier 2 let alone tier three in any other category. Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2011, 07:45 PM
The duration for this code to be on Tribble is planned to be considerably longer than we have done in the past.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2011, 08:05 PM
So far I've been able to move to tier 1 on both Diplomacy and Medical. Diplomacy will probably be the easiest, since the tiers are more compressed point-wise. I'm interested in seeing if there are bigger payouts once I'm allowed into the restricted sectors, or once I level up some. If not, it is a long way to 25000 xp points at 5 and 10 points a mission.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-07-2011, 08:08 PM
How long is considerably longer? the S4 code was on tribble for about a week before S4 came out- but looking at the changes in the pipeline, the supposed 'three weeks before holodeck F2P' is not going to be anywhere *near* enough for anyone to get to T3 in a non-diplomacy skill.

And some of us are actually trying to test out the new stuff, not spend 20 hours grinding diplomacy missions to cheat the system.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-07-2011, 08:32 PM
you want some good dipo. missions? Try eta endri after you get some colonists. Once you have a diplomat as part of your roster some big ones show up. I've got some diplomacy missions pending for 23 points, some for 11, and one was for 17. Best part is you can use other colonists to do them, they don't require any specific SF crew.