Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
10-07-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
How long is considerably longer? the S4 code was on tribble for about a week before S4 came out- but looking at the changes in the pipeline, the supposed 'three weeks before holodeck F2P' is not going to be anywhere *near* enough for anyone to get to T3 in a non-diplomacy skill.
To my knowledge we have not publically announced the launch date for F2P, but the three weeks number is definitely not accurate.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
10-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustyMac View Post
So far I've been able to move to tier 1 on both Diplomacy and Medical. Diplomacy will probably be the easiest, since the tiers are more compressed point-wise. I'm interested in seeing if there are bigger payouts once I'm allowed into the restricted sectors, or once I level up some. If not, it is a long way to 25000 xp points at 5 and 10 points a mission.
Pick your missions better. Missions have color levels, too, and rarer ones give much better CXP. White ones are barely worth the time it takes to find the right doff, except for the cheap 30 minute science and trade ones that you can constantly churn through and afford to abandon to free up doffs or assignment slots in a pinch.

Right now, I've got 15 of my assignment slots ticking away with assignments that will give me anywhere from 200 to 1400 when I log on again Sunday.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
10-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
To my knowledge we have not publically announced the launch date for F2P, but the three weeks number is definitely not accurate.
The 'three weeks' seems to have come from the fact that getting characters to certain levels for rewards (6, 11, 31, and 51) will only happen for 'three weeks after the Tribble build goes live' (iirc, about one week of which has passed).

What I'm wondering, and I think others are too, is if we have only approximately 2 more weeks to get to a Tier 3 DOFF commendation, or if this reward set time frame is different from the character level reward set time frame.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
10-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
The 'three weeks' seems to have come from the fact that getting characters to certain levels for rewards (6, 11, 31, and 51) will only happen for 'three weeks after the Tribble build goes live' (iirc, about one week of which has passed).

What I'm wondering, and I think others are too, is if we have only approximately 2 more weeks to get to a Tier 3 DOFF commendation, or if this reward set time frame is different from the character level reward set time frame.
The three weeks refers to when after F2P launches the rewards from the time on Tribble will be given. So...F2P beta on Tribble, then when that ends there will be the launch, then within the three weeks after that the rewards will arrive on Holodeck.

There should be plenty of time - don't kill yourselves. We have a ton of things to polish up and get working and adjust and fix.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
10-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The three weeks refers to when after F2P launches the rewards from the time on Tribble will be given. So...F2P beta on Tribble, then when that ends there will be the launch, then within the three weeks after that the rewards will arrive on Holodeck.

There should be plenty of time - don't kill yourselves. We have a ton of things to polish up and get working and adjust and fix.
Oh, so we have more than just 3 weeks to reach level 51 for the leveling rewards and Commendation 3 for the DOFF rewards? That's good to know.

(Not that I don't want to get my first level 51 out of the way and first Commendation 3 out of the way though. Then I can leisurely spend time going through all the systems.. :p)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
10-07-2011, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowkiller75
ok i just dont understand thats alot of work i mean alot. there are many from trading to deplomcey... and they need alot of points to rank to the next tier...i cant see it being done in 3 weeks time. i feel to get to a tier 3 will take a long time



"As a bonus, playing on Tribble can earn your character on Holodeck some free random Duty Officers, awarded within the three weeks after free-to-play goes live on Holodeck. Complete any Tier 1 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique blue-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 2 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive an unique purple-quality duty officer. Complete any Tier 3 Duty Officer commendation category accolade to receive a unique purple-quality duty officer with an active roster ability not attainable anywhere else in the game"
Why is this an issue? Really enjoy that you get to play with the system ahead of time. Holodeck is the real deal. Cryptic has already said testers will get bonuses. I aint'cryig about it. Explain to me why this stuff is an issue, is it a maturity thing? Self gratification? This is a game, it a TEST SERVER, this is a bonus for you. Once again Cryptic has said testers will get free stuff, that is great? Is it not. Free is always awesome. Even crap Doffs are good, because you can spend C points on real doffs(hopefully).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
10-07-2011, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
Oh, so we have more than just 3 weeks to reach level 51 for the leveling rewards and Commendation 3 for the DOFF rewards? That's good to know.

(Not that I don't want to get my first level 51 out of the way and first Commendation 3 out of the way though. Then I can leisurely spend time going through all the systems.. :p)
NO, when it releases on Holodeck, the deal is done. What you earned you get 3 week later. If you get the motherload congrats, if you don't, WHO CARES. Does your life revolve around this? If so, I pity you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
10-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62
NO, when it releases on Holodeck, the deal is done. What you earned you get 3 week later. If you get the motherload congrats, if you don't, WHO CARES. Does your life revolve around this? If so, I pity you.
Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.

Mate, they're just wondering if they can get enough testing in to get those rewards, why is that concern such a big issue for you?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
10-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62
Why is this an issue? Really enjoy that you get to play with the system ahead of time. Holodeck is the real deal. Cryptic has already said testers will get bonuses. I aint'cryig about it. Explain to me why this stuff is an issue, is it a maturity thing? Self gratification? This is a game, it a TEST SERVER, this is a bonus for you. Once again Cryptic has said testers will get free stuff, that is great? Is it not. Free is always awesome. Even crap Doffs are good, because you can spend C points on real doffs(hopefully).
Well, it's an issue because it'd be like saying "We'll give you 10,000 dollars for running 500 miles in a week." Could it be done? mmmmayyyyyybe by somebody ultra physically fit who had nothing to do, but for the most part, it'd be offering a reward but knowing that nobody would really be able to win it.

Also, rewards are cool and fun to get. If they're added to something you already want to do anyway (like test out the DOFF system) it's a win/win. Cryptic gets the system tested, and people who test it get fun stuff.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
10-08-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
The three weeks refers to when after F2P launches the rewards from the time on Tribble will be given. So...F2P beta on Tribble, then when that ends there will be the launch, then within the three weeks after that the rewards will arrive on Holodeck.

There should be plenty of time - don't kill yourselves. We have a ton of things to polish up and get working and adjust and fix.
Obviously you can't give us a date, but can you tell us where you feel we are in the testing iterations? Would you feel we're about half-way through? Less/more than half? I'm not trying to nail you down or hold you to anything. Just trying to get a feel for things.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:03 AM.