Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Bug Reports
Login

Lt. Commander
When an STF starts with 5th unteamed person, that person usually ends up getting all the rewards including the Optional and the Final rewards from completing the goals.

Some people who appear to be using a teaming exploit to purposely avoid auto-teaming to purposely steal the rewards from other players.

Ticket #20,281

Personal Opinion: I think its a major mistake making the STFs into Queues. It turned Gamma Orionis into an empty zone, turned the STFs into a nice storyline mission into a 15-minute greedfest, and basically people don't have to leave ESD.

I hope you decide to restore the original version.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
I have seen that and people are being gready with the loot in them

I try not to take asll the good stuff as it pops up
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-13-2011, 06:08 AM
Hello,
Same bug with the Mirror event.
Sometimes not all Player are in Group but the Groupleader cant invite the missing and if the Event are over only loot for that player that wasnt in the group spawn.
All other Players get nothing.

Greetings and have a nice day
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
It turned Gamma Orionis into an empty zone
The reason you wont find me in GO is because I am forced to complete dozens of story missions that I have no desire to ever do again
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-13-2011, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
It turned Gamma Orionis into an empty zone, turned the STFs into a nice storyline mission into a 15-minute greedfest, and basically people don't have to leave ESD.
For me, the reason I'm not in Gamma Orionis is because I can't get there; I'm still stuck in the Klingon story arc, and can't get into GO until that's done. And the Romulans. And the Bajorans. Even though I've made VA1. I'd gladly be there if I could just get in, if only to get over to the exploration zone so I can get some on-level mats.

I like the queues, personally ('cept for the bug, of course), it gives me a better idea how long it will take before I can get in, and if my connection betrays me and I'm forced out, I know another person CAN take over for me (as long as the bug doesn't kick in). I've never done these missions because my connection has been unreliable, but now I know I can do them without necessarily screwing over the whole party if I get knocked offline mid-combat.

Of course, I don't expect any MMO maker to pander to the "unreliable ISP" demographic...but it's nice when their tech can help mitigate the problem.

PS: Wasn't aware of the unteamed member getting all the loot, thanks for the heads up. I will do my best not to Be That Guy.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-13-2011, 06:47 AM
I did wonder if people are doing the non team deliberately and have tried to do so myself to determine if you can but I'm a novice at that sort of thing and probably not thought of every way of doing it. The first time I saw the bug was when I was the 5th person and I got all the loot but since then either other people were the 5th or I was and I left to try and rejoin.

There is an upside to not flying to GO. At least you can do other stuff while you wait or camp at ESD and pick up supplies and it means not having to keep flying to GO and back. I see the other side of the coin though, it's another step towards not having sector space at all which isn't good either.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-13-2011, 08:18 AM
The reason GO is dead is simply because you don't need to do all the story missions to hit VA right now, and if you don't you can't get in. I doubt this will be an issue once the content goes live and xp/leveling is back to normal. In fact I welcome cutting down on all the looking for team spam normally cluttering up zone chat in GO.