Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
10-07-2011, 01:33 PM
The post that TGN linked, in which Stephen tells a little bit about the process going on, should tell you that we're not going to come out, right now, and promise to make X, Y, and Z changes.

We simply don't know what changes are going to be made at this time. We're constantly analyzing data from Tribble, listening to your feedback, comparing your feedback to the data from Tribble, and then having discussions based around that data. Then, really smart people get to go and look at all of that data, your feedback, the internal feedback, and the opinions of everyone else in the room...

And then they say, "Let's try this."

Right now, we're still very much in the data gathering phase. Changes will be coming very soon, and those changes will be communicated to you all.

However, we're not going to promise anything before we know what we beleive the best solution is going to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
10-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I suppose Cryptic could release their design docs, but that would imply they're set in stone. And, contrary to what many like to claim, I don't believe that. They have always listened to feedback, which doesn't mean they incorporate all of it, but they have made changes and will likely continue to.
Actually, that would imply they have design docs.

Oh, I kid, I kid. I'm sure they have them, just probably not in an outsider-readable state. Though I think you should talk to the PvP crowd down the hall about Cryptic 'always listening to feedback.' While I grok your caveat, "listening" implies "taking into consideration" and the PvPers may have a different view of that statement.

I'll be over here... outside the blast radius.

ETA: 'Outsider readable state' being a single document you can open in your browser. My experience with design docs is that you may, once, at some point, have a doc like that but it gets modified by memos, emails, plans, flowcharts, meeting notes, etc. etc. etc so unless you're a part of the process, it'll ultimately mean nothing to you.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
10-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The post that TGN linked, in which Stephen tells a little bit about the process going on, should tell you that we're not going to come out, right now, and promise to make X, Y, and Z changes.

We simply don't know what changes are going to be made at this time. We're constantly analyzing data from Tribble, listening to your feedback, comparing your feedback to the data from Tribble, and then having discussions based around that data. Then, really smart people get to go and look at all of that data, your feedback, the internal feedback, and the opinions of everyone else in the room...

And then they say, "Let's try this."

Right now, we're still very much in the data gathering phase. Changes will be coming very soon, and those changes will be communicated to you all.

However, we're not going to promise anything before we know what we beleive the best solution is going to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
How much more negative feedback do you need before you'll make changes? or are you waiting for that one shining positive feedback to cling to to ignore everything else?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
10-07-2011, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The post that TGN linked, in which Stephen tells a little bit about the process going on, should tell you that we're not going to come out, right now, and promise to make X, Y, and Z changes.

We simply don't know what changes are going to be made at this time. We're constantly analyzing data from Tribble, listening to your feedback, comparing your feedback to the data from Tribble, and then having discussions based around that data. Then, really smart people get to go and look at all of that data, your feedback, the internal feedback, and the opinions of everyone else in the room...

And then they say, "Let's try this."

Right now, we're still very much in the data gathering phase. Changes will be coming very soon, and those changes will be communicated to you all.

However, we're not going to promise anything before we know what we beleive the best solution is going to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
How about not trying things that translates into screwing over your customers?

Such as taking a ship costing 137000 Energy Credit and instead having it cost 800 Cryptic Points.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
10-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I Actually Would Like A Yes Or No Answer To These Holodeck Wipe Posts I Keep Seeing.

So I Know Wether To Bother Playing Or Not.
Holodeck won't be wiped. It's a silly rumor. Even Mythic wasn't that stupid, and they were the worst MMO team I've ever seen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
10-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
How much more negative feedback do you need before you'll make changes? or are you waiting for that one shining positive feedback to cling to to ignore everything else?
Probably when the negative feedback matches the data they're seeing, they'll act on it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
10-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellestad View Post
Holodeck won't be wiped. It's a silly rumor. Even Mythic wasn't that stupid, and they were the worst MMO team I've ever seen.
This was officially addressed on the 3rd in the thread titled "Will there be a Character Wipe on Holodeck?"

Stormshade posted there and said "no".

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
10-07-2011, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grox View Post
Couldn't agree more. Better yet, unsubscribe and wait till f2p is here. Take a nice little break. And when you're ready to come back, you can enjoy all the new changes to the game for free.
So you are one of those hired by Criptic to come here to the forum and harrass those that dont agree with the changes?

Stormashed was the one that said and the post is around there somewhere that there would not be changes to the C-Store, flash news check Tribble they are already changes made in the C-Store with price hiking. So you can now see my point, they say one thing and then do other?

Another flash nnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Thought I should let the people who pass by the forums know.
That Cryptic are trying to get away with taking content OUT of the game and putting in the C-Store.

Holodeck:
Advanced Heavy Cruiser - 137,000 Energy Credits
Advanced Research Vessel - 137,000 Energy Credits

Tribble:
Advanced Heavy Cruiser - 800 Cryptic Points
Advanced Research Vessel - Unavailable(though presumably will cost C-Points)

Do you guys see this?
They are taking away our content from us, and putting it up on the C-Store, expecting us to BUY what was previously FREE.
There is a lot of dislike about the new economy, that we will end up having to grind to get new ships, and perhaps that Vice Admiral ships may end up being C-Store only.

But this by far is the most serious breach of confidence yet.
When a developer starts taking away content that already was a normal part of the game, so they can sell the same content BACK to to their customers, they cross line that simply must NEVER be crossed.
Because whats next? Maybe they will take out all the existing Feature Episodes next and force us to "pay" for them.
Or maybe they will remove entire sections of the game such as Fleet Actions, PvP or STF's and force us to pay extra for that. Where does it end?

NO It ends right here, this far and no further.
It cannot be "allowed" to happen.




So for all you Excelsior and Nebula fans out there that don't believe in the C-Store, you better hurry up and buy your ship while you can, because if Cryptic goes ahead with this you won't have the chance anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
So you are one of those hired by Criptic to come here to the forum and harrass those that dont agree with the changes?

Stormashed was the one that said and the post is around there somewhere that there would not be changes to the C-Store, flash news check Tribble they are already changes made in the C-Store with price hiking. So you can now see my point, they say one thing and then do other?
Price Hiking, and removing existing ships in the game that cost Energy Credits, and putting them in the C-Store instead.

Edit: Pshh why must you edit when i'm replying! lol :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
10-07-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
its friday. Cryptic goes to the movies on Friday
They just watch the forums burn on Fridays after they do some bonehead move to cause the hellfire.

I still remember the weekly Friday Cryptic Idiotic Episodes. And the epic one when they posted something and it was actually well received so then they scrambled to announce (and link) the Advisory Council thing even before telling the people on the council they were on the council. And one member link was a very vulgar blog that when the girl wasn't all emo, she talked about Dr. Who and only had one post about Star Trek which was a glitch this game had. And even that post was vulgar laced.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 PM.