Lt. Commander
# 41
10-07-2011, 02:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
How much more negative feedback do you need before you'll make changes? or are you waiting for that one shining positive feedback to cling to to ignore everything else?
There has also been much positive feedback on the changes they're making. I know, overall I'm more positive than negative regarding the Tribble changes, but it's way too early to make a definitive judgment on most of that either since most systems aren't fully in place yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
How about not trying things that translates into screwing over your customers?

Such as taking a ship costing 137000 Energy Credit and instead having it cost 800 Cryptic Points.
Unless they're taking a ship you already have, changing the way a ship is acquired in the future is nowhere close to screwing anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direphoenix View Post
Probably when the negative feedback matches the data they're seeing, they'll act on it.
Or at least most of the negative feedbaack actually matches the situation on the ground. I'm beginning to wonder if many of those complaining have actually leveled a character on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 42
10-07-2011, 02:07 PM
To be honest my wish is that none of this will happen, but I have been burned by PWE in the other games they have and I used to play, the last example was Forsaken World, I played since beta in Beta the CStore was good in prices as soon as the game went out, BOOOYA prices went througfh the roof. Then the different items started to flow into CS, if you wanted to upgrade your weapon you need these items, like 3 of them, each one had like a % chance of succes that diminished greatly when your weapons got higher in levels, then they start selling these stones or crystals that will guarantee you will not fail and then more stuff and more and the game became a freaking CStore fest. That is my main worry,

Right now I have like 1 million creditas in the bank I have bought some ships on the fed side after I got my VA, now I am working on the kling side and I am trying to get to LG before the madness starts, my problem is the future, I want to createnew toons and have fun, I have several friends that I have invited that want to play when it goes F2P and I am afraid that they can feel I lied to them about the game.
Lt. Commander
# 43
10-07-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kutunto
So you are one of those hired by Criptic to come here to the forum and harrass those that dont agree with the changes?
Grox and I weren't saying "this is Cryptic if you don't like it you can get out" ( redneck episode of southpark ) People were showing you evidence that there is NOT going to be a wipe on holodeck ( never mind the fact there hasn't been a wipe on holodeck since headstart/launch ) and you are still basically saying "it's schrodinger's cat since we won't know until it happens I still say it's reason to doomsay" and as I pointed out in the schrodinger's cat link, there has NOT been a wipe on holodeck ever so our general experience and knowledge of the past can predict whats under the box in this case there is no reason to "ZOMG WIPE" doomsay and thus YOU are looking for a reason to doomsay and Grox's and mine conclusion was "you are looking for a reason to doomsay and you are obviously not happy then the best thing for you to do at this point is to walk away. No one is forcing you to stay here but you"
Lt. Commander
# 44
10-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
There has also been much positive feedback on the changes they're making. I know, overall I'm more positive than negative regarding the Tribble changes, but it's way too early to make a definitive judgment on most of that either since most systems aren't fully in place yet.

Unless they're taking a ship you already have, changing the way a ship is acquired in the future is nowhere close to screwing anyone.

Or at least most of the negative feedbaack actually matches the situation on the ground. I'm beginning to wonder if many of those complaining have actually leveled a character on Tribble.
Just because someone likes the Doff system or the stuff at the academy doesn't mean the bad and good feedback is "balanced" because its not. Its VASTLY skewed towards the unhappy side.

Lots of us have leveled, at least until we couldn't stomach it anymore.

Frankly, I have to think you haven't fully explored the changes and don't realize the sheer amount of additional time or money you WILL have to sink into the game to play at the same level you did as a normal Lifetime player before.

Stormie's post rings absolutely hollow because we're not asking for number changes, we're asking for explanations about the the fundamental changes to the kind of game STO is that are leading to the decisions to try out these insane economic numbers we're currently "testing"

And I want to know how their super-important data mining is taking into account all of the people who have quit serious testing due to these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 45
10-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Well, the only thing I don't like so far is the economy stuff. Everything else I like.
Lt. Commander
# 46
10-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Quote:
If the change of acquisition method involves paying extra, then yes it is.
Lt. Commander
# 47
10-07-2011, 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
The post that TGN linked, in which Stephen tells a little bit about the process going on, should tell you that we're not going to come out, right now, and promise to make X, Y, and Z changes.

We simply don't know what changes are going to be made at this time. We're constantly analyzing data from Tribble, listening to your feedback, comparing your feedback to the data from Tribble, and then having discussions based around that data. Then, really smart people get to go and look at all of that data, your feedback, the internal feedback, and the opinions of everyone else in the room...

And then they say, "Let's try this."

Right now, we're still very much in the data gathering phase. Changes will be coming very soon, and those changes will be communicated to you all.

However, we're not going to promise anything before we know what we believe the best solution is going to be.

Thanks,

Stormshade
The problem, Stormy, is that these "really smart guys" probably told you that the economy changes to nickel and dime us or bore us to death was a really good idea. They might be book smart, but *clearly*, given the outcry on these forums, they are completely clueless.
Lt. Commander
# 48
10-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshi View Post
The problem, Stormy, is that these "really smart guys" probably told you that the economy changes to nickel and dime us or bore us to death was a really good idea. They might be book smart, but *clearly*, given the outcry on these forums, they are completely clueless.
Yeah I think he meant "these really greedy guys"
Lt. Commander
# 49
10-07-2011, 11:44 PM
Quote:

Careful, you're getting sand in your ears.

I haven't seen ANYTHING on Tribble to allay any of my fears or address any of the many issues this game has. My opinion of this game get more negative every day, and my opinion of Cryptic is even worse than that.

They ARE taking the ship away from normal use and making it something you have to pay extra for. That's DEFINITELY screwing us.

I've leveled many characters, both live and on Tribble, so I have seen the pattern of their "changes." This is starting to make SONY look good.
Lt. Commander
# 50
10-08-2011, 05:17 AM
I like the FX of space combat. Explosions are cool.
The damage mattes for the ships are cool
Bow ties are cool
Ground combat is fun
I like all the shinies
The whole new UI interface is cool
I love the DOff system (it addictive)
Clogs are cool (the wooden shoes)
The new ships look cool
The KDF honor guard armor is cool
The new crossfaction both a STFs are cool sounding

But the TSA security line at the airport sucks.
I'll send pics from STovokor.