Lt. Commander
# 11
10-07-2011, 03:54 PM
While I loved the idea of the Lore missions ever since I first heard about them, the whole economy snafu has me drained.

Still, as a Trekkie of the highest caliber (and an accolade junkie to boot), I still have to give props on this. Gotta check them out sometime while I'm on Tribble.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-07-2011, 03:59 PM
Don't take this the wrong way, hearing about the Lore missions is nice and all, but... eh...

...kinda got my hopes up for a few more answers regarding the royally screwed economy.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Assuming the datachips really are a fair/balanced random, with no one or handful being particularlly "rare" to get, then I'm all for this game. I like the idea of a simple, quick, little set of missions that highlight the story of the game. I also like the "baseball card-style collecting" of gathering all the chapters. That could be fun.

The only things I find annoying on Tribble is that Commander Viala is on one side of the SFA campus and the exam terminal is on the otherside of the campus, so there's pointless running back-and-forth around the pathways or through vegetation/water just to complete the quiz.

Also, the datachip pick-up location is not clearly described/marked/easy to find. Sure once you know where to go, it's not that big of a deal, but until then, you have to find it mostly by luck.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post
While I loved the idea of the Lore missions ever since I first heard about them, the whole economy snafu has me drained.

Still, as a Trekkie of the highest caliber (and an accolade junkie to boot), I still have to give props on this. Gotta check them out sometime while I'm on Tribble.
Jack, bro...that avatar pic has to go. I realize it s of McCoy faceplanting on the console, but it took me a minute to realize that because at first glance, I thought it was...well...not that.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Assuming the datachips really are a fair/balanced random, with no one or handful being particularlly "rare" to get, then I'm all for this game. I like the idea of a simple, quick, little set of missions that highlight the story of the game. I also like the "baseball card-style collecting" of gathering all the chapters. That could be fun.

The only things I find annoying on Tribble is that Commander Viala is on one side of the SFA campus and the exam terminal is on the otherside of the campus, so there's pointless running back-and-forth around the pathways or through vegetation/water just to complete the quiz.

Also, the datachip pick-up location is not clearly described/marked/easy to find. Sure once you know where to go, it's not that big of a deal, but until then, you have to find it mostly by luck.
There are no "rare" datachips -- you have an equal chance of getting each one.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
There are no "rare" datachips -- you have an equal chance of getting each one.
Groovy. Good to know. Thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-07-2011, 05:49 PM
I think this is an awesome idea can't wait to see it
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-07-2011, 06:05 PM
One piece of great news in the roughness of Tribble! Thanks for the effort!
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
More gated and limited dilithium gathering make-work.

Plus the note on how it's appearently going to be common that you'll collect endless duplicates, and not the missing segments you're missing.

Not terribly encouraging.
Not at all.

Hmmm one would think that with all this lore, Cryptic might get a sense of morals with what they are planning to do to us....
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-07-2011, 11:05 PM
The Tour the Galaxy is a good idea, race and all. Ideas:

1) make it so we actually get rewards for the sectors we visit. I didn't get anything for spending 40 min getting as much as I could, but not all the sectors)
2) Have there be shuttle/fighter races in a system
2b) Starship sublight races?