Lt. Commander
With all the negative feedback on the current tribble build I think it's time someone comes on the forums and bring some clarification for us. Are you guys reading this feedback?

I'm not sure if what I'm doing is going against forum rules but I'm willing to take responsibility for my actions for the chance that someone might actually say something more detailed than "don't worry guys!". I want to hear your response to all of the criticism of the new system, I think this is something that NEEDS to be discussed ASAP.

I'm sure you guys are very busy and hard at work right now, but your hurting yourselves by not responding to anything anyone is saying.

My apologies if anyone might find this offensive, but I'm REALLY starting to miss Dstahl because I think he would have provided us with details on what's being done and why if he saw the ruckus on these forums. Whether we liked what he had to say or not, he would have said something by now. I'm not saying the new EP isn't doing his job correctly, in fact, I'm not even sure if it's a part of the EPs job to do something, but can we at least get something from someone else?

Again, i respect you guys and what you have done, but with the current build and reactions your digging yourselves a hole. when you have people like me who defended you guys against all the nay sayers finally considering that STOs future is doomed, something is wrong.

I could speculate on why you guys are going about f2p the way you are, but I'd much prefer to hear it from you.

Again, apologies, but I feel this needed to be said, whether it's against forum rules or not and I mean no disrespect.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-07-2011, 11:25 AM
yes, please, this
and to be fair Grand Nagus... one reply isn't gonna quell the entire boards. the OP means having a dev (or devs) answer many questions, because let's face it... without those answer, these boards will essentially become fire and brimstone... not good for the F2P players that will come
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Took the words out of my mouth.

Even if Cryptic had our trust, communicating their full intentions as soon as physically possible is just good practice to avoid panic.

As it is, with them running on spent dilithium crystals in terms of trust (oh heck that was a horrible pun wasn't it?) they had better get their nacelles in gear and do some *serious* damage control.

I'm not talking about thread locks etc, I'm talking about acknowledging their mistakes and our feedback, promising in *specific* wording to make good changes (EG; "we promsie to raise the refining cap by a significant amount, possibly something like 5 to 10x"), then doing what they say they will do in a timely trustworthy and precise manner.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-07-2011, 11:29 AM
*reads your links*

You are wise indeed, I think them at least acknowledging the feedback on the forums and taking a minute to tell us whether something would be changed or not would be enough.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Took the words out of my mouth.

Even if Cryptic had our trust, communicating their full intentions as soon as physically possible is just good practice to avoid panic.

As it is, with them running on spent dilithium crystals in terms of trust (oh heck that was a horrible pun wasn't it?) they had better get their nacelles in gear and do some *serious* damage control.

I'm not talking about thread locks etc, I'm talking about acknowledging their mistakes and our feedback, promising in *specific* wording to make good changes (EG; "we promsie to raise the refining cap by a significant amount, possibly something like 5 to 10x"), then doing what they say they will do in a timely trustworthy and precise manner.
That's actually exactly what I meant with my OP, I didn't mean bringing order to these boards as in locking threads, but more in terms of giving us some closure, taking a couple of minutes to explain what's going on with the economy of STO, tell us if something is being changed or not.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-07-2011, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
*reads your links*

You are wise indeed,
Indeed, perhaps he will make another apology thread thanking them for shafting us
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-07-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff_484
That's actually exactly what I meant with my OP, I didn't mean bringing order to these boards as in locking threads, but more in terms of giving us some closure, taking a couple of minutes to explain what's going on with the economy of STO, tell us if something is being changed or not.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Closure.
Perfect word to describe whats needed.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-07-2011, 11:34 AM
The new EP has been keeping us up to date with a blog almost daily since it was introduced. He addresses new changes as well as responses to player feedback in them.

http://startrekonline.com/f2p_blog

You should have a look.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Those blogs dont answer the questions posted here. What about a wipe oall the toons in Holodeck?