Lt. Commander
# 11
10-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwolf View Post
I am glad to know that SWTOR will be coming out soon. Even when this game turns free to play there will be no need to play because it sucks. Which is sad because I am a Star Trek fan and you guys have no clue how to make it fun.

I will be canceling my account ASAP.

Why? SWTOR will be more of the same.

Have you not noticed the latest trend of MMO Developers to put out something that looks pretty but plays like crrrrrap!!!

SWTOR is nothing more than STO in a Star Wars Old Republic setting. In other words WoW with guns.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:

Please do that, but remember, the existing STFs are very flawed in their design which is why REVAMPED incarnations are being tested on Tribble right now which likely address your issues. Might be worth a look.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Goodness gracious me
10-08-2011, 10:24 PM
Lotsa hate in that one. bet he plays a jedi though!

I for one am looking forward to TOR, and I really enjoy this game as well. Ground isn't the reason people joined this game, but it serves it's purpose well.

Just like the space in TOR will not be the focus for people, can't use my lightsaber in space!

Sad though, this was the first post on these forums that resemble those on the TOR forums.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-08-2011, 11:38 PM
lol, TOR.

if that game ever goes f2p, im gonna go play it to see just how much it resembles WoW in its abnormal dev decisions xD

OP:

if you think ground is boring, kktnxbai
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-09-2011, 03:43 AM
Honestly I think the game has got very intresting and is fun to play. I think cryptic are doing a fine job maybe a bit slow at putting out content but when they do I love it
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-09-2011, 04:04 AM
Quote:
OK, I came back to this game and now regret it.

Ground Missions sucks - They are more work than fun and if you have to fight the borg I would rather get my teeth removed.

I was doing the Kidamer Accord when I got booted out and now I have to redo the whole ground mission part again. Thanks Cryptic for making a fail game that is more work than fun.

I am glad to know that SWTOR will be coming out soon. Even when this game turns free to play there will be no need to play because it sucks. Which is sad because I am a Star Trek fan and you guys have no clue how to make it fun.

No matter what the Devs do, there will allways be whinning little CHILDREN. Try something new and innovative; after whinning and crying, how about suggesting some solutions to the issue.

My email is posted below. Send me your stuff (if you made it past Commander), cancel your account, AND DON'T COME BACK...see, there is a problem, I identified it, and came up with a solution.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-09-2011, 04:49 AM
When TOR comes out, I'll take a look at it. But from what I've seen so far, one must be careful with high expectations, to me it looked like RIFT or Warhammer in space - certainly I won't have fun with that.

STO has a lot of weaknesses, but it still gives Star Trek feeling. The ground missions can be sometimes annoying, but as I don't have the time to play for hours, I like the style. You can do the ground missions even with limited time, it doesn't take you ages to get VA.

I also play Lord of the Rings Online - which I also enjoy very much - but compared to STO it is much less suited for casual gaming. Hours of grinding, thousands of stupid kill and collecting missions and far less populated low level areas. As I said, I also like it, but in STO I have dense story missions, even those beside the main story line are good, once reaching Cmdr. level I have access to nice ships like the Excelsior or Nebula class and playing at least PvE allows lots of individuality. There is no path to victory, e.g. using a special set of equipment or skills to be successful, you can choose.

The list of possible improvements is long for sure and I also desperately wait for new Featured Episodes or endgame content, but all in all I like the game, otherwise I wouldn't play it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 18 sw:tor
10-09-2011, 07:37 AM
all hype and no flair thats all star wars will be live long and prosper
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-09-2011, 10:57 AM
To bad the game is too hard for you to play. Probably be one of the few that will be complaining that TOR is too hard to play.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-09-2011, 11:39 AM
Will we ever see a forum post about someone liking this game?

Come on people... this game is not THAT BAD
Closed Thread