Lt. Commander
Playing the event in the Academy, where we capture the particles, many times other players pulled up and stole the particles at the time where we are trying to stabilize them.

And yet, when the enemy comes up instead of the particle, the other players attack and get the loot.

In both cases, why not make as much loot as the particle, exclusive of the player who made the first test?

And if possible, make the particles appear at random points. It has many players camping in certain areas to try to catch the particles.

The event was frustrating because of this problems.

Excuse me my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-07-2011, 10:59 PM
I agree. The event is a failure while those two thing can happen. You scan, an enemy appears and he's instantly killed by higher level PCs. You don't stand any chance of getting the kill.
As this event is some thing a "new" STO player can run, I expect it will turn them off big time.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2011, 12:07 AM
Yes, I also had particles stolen at the point when I got one to go to the collection phase. Several times I notices players pull up behind me and wait a sec to see if it would happen.

It seemed like there was a slight delay in my action box comming up where theirs came up first and they were able to jump my particle claim.

I agree that this aspect of the event needs a fix to lock in the collection phase to the player who originally scanned the particle.

Overall though, the amount of spawns and drop rates seemed about right. I was able to farm 43 particles in the 50 minutes I was there, and given that a few of my particles were taken, I probably would have gotten to the max limit had I been there 60 minutes and the particle thieving was fixed.

I did notice that, as a low level captain, I didn't have any of the combat spawns get stole, which surprised me as I would have thought a higher rank could easily kill my spawn and get the loot, so nice work on keeping that fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2011, 12:16 AM
Yep I had them stolen too.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-08-2011, 12:24 AM
It's not a bug and has actually been designed into the tribble build of the game. It's winding everyone up, especially those with low level characters. I would expect (especially with the shear number of complaints) that this particular feature will either be gone, or adjusted to prevent campers stealing from lower levelled players.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-08-2011, 12:27 AM
this is know and gozer has some ideas to take care of the problem
althought mine was just bump everyones rank and go open pvp you know it would be fun
but in the end a solution is coming should be next week hopefully
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-08-2011, 08:40 AM
well as far as camping goes i do not have a problem with this as its the only way you can actually stay in one area and not bother anyone else. they will just need to add a few more so it can adjust. What I have a problem with is people stealing your scan. To me this is childish and they are lazy to do it themselves. So some of you had great ideas and I hope it gets fixed soon as since we need Dilithium to pay for our ships no one wants someone stealing from them......
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Ive dont the event once, it was full of thieves, so i wont be doing it again.....
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-08-2011, 09:40 AM
I don't care for events where you have to compete against other players to get the loot, it just makes people resentful that other players are around, which is the OPPOSITE of what an MMO should be, other players around you should be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-10-2011, 06:06 AM
you guys should have used the map window to change instance, I did it twice and was able to play for an hour and a half, one map only had ONE guy in it.

I made out like a bandit!