Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 You all hate Cryptic?
10-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Listen, I know stuff look broken, doesn't work the way you want....yadda yadda yadda. Maybe I'm missing something, but what about "beta test" doesn't tell you that stuff will be broken? Honestly folks, I'm no Cryptic apologist, in fact I post very few things, but to whine and cry about stuff on test server is like ****ing in the wind. Its warm, but accomplishes nothing. If Cryptic releases the stuff on Holodeck then complain. But base on the whining and crying, they probably won't. They already changed the ship acquisition because of the cry babies. Silver is coming , gold and LTS, deal with it . You can't satisfy everybody all the time.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-07-2011, 10:25 PM
I don't hate Cryptic. I am a little concerned, but in the past, when I've been patient, i've been mostly happy with the results of their work.

Beta testing is fun too. All it needs is a few tweaks imo.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62
Listen, I know stuff look broken, doesn't work the way you want....yadda yadda yadda. Maybe I'm missing something, but what about "beta test" doesn't tell you that stuff will be broken? Honestly folks, I'm no Cryptic apologist, in fact I post very few things, but to whine and cry about stuff on test server is like ****ing in the wind. Its warm, but accomplishes nothing. If Cryptic releases the stuff on Holodeck then complain. But base on the whining and crying, they probably won't. They already changed the ship acquisition because of the cry babies. Silver is coming , gold and LTS, deal with it . You can't satisfy everybody all the time.
Shhhhh. Shhh.. Trying to bring logic to the test boards is like trying to convince the Picard crowd that Kirk was a better captain..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-07-2011, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
I don't hate Cryptic. I am a little concerned, but in the past, when I've been patient, i've been mostly happy with the results of their work.

Beta testing is fun too. All it needs is a few tweaks imo.
^^ What he said.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-07-2011, 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
I don't hate Cryptic. I am a little concerned, but in the past, when I've been patient, i've been mostly happy with the results of their work.

Beta testing is fun too. All it needs is a few tweaks imo.
Your one word says it all "patience"
Tribble is a work in progress.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-07-2011, 10:35 PM
What are s ayaing, KIRK was the far superior captain. History Channel says it is so. LOL. Though I like Janeway(crucify me now).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
10-07-2011, 10:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSG62
What are s ayaing, KIRK was the far superior captain. History Channel says it is so. LOL. Though I like Janeway(crucify me now).
I think that's what I said, as I didn't say trying to convince the Kirk crowd that Picard was a better captain.

And yeah, for the most part, I like Janeway more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
10-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Well, there are people on these boards that can be quite civil,
but others are quite.... let's say passionate about this game.
And this passion seems to overshadow at times the things they've been taught when they were children.
Things like proper conduct in public places. Or what words to use and not to use when trying to convey their thoughts.
It can be quite offputting.

As for the beta: you guys are right, beta is beta is beta is beta is beta is broken.
If it weren't broken there wouldn't be a need for the beta in the first place.
Anyways, grinding my character to Captain rank at the moment, unfortunately I was already Commander
when the dilithium-ship fix hit the server....
Oh well, doing this in T2 cruiser is manageable, but I had an easier time on holodeck
with the proper ship und missions that didn't scale to my level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
10-07-2011, 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinii
I think that's what I said, as I didn't say trying to convince the Kirk crowd that Picard was a better captain.

And yeah, for the most part, I like Janeway more.
My buddy like Voyager, however in the 90s and early 2000s I was getting married and having kids so I never go tto watch Voyager, I alwasy liked TOS and DS9 more than TNG, but recently I have watched Voyager on Netflix and honestly, I really feel more for them than I did DS9 or TNG(Nothing beats Kirk). Enterprise is good, its hard to back. Its like doing first grade math after mastering algebra. I don't know why they even did that series.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.