Lt. Commander
# 1 Possibility of New Factions?
10-08-2011, 07:40 AM
I've browsed the boards for a while and I just figured I would reiterate questions that haven't popped up for a while but I'm sure has been on several players' minds. We have the Federation and KDF but what about other race/factions? Last I looked there were 7 factions. I know Borg would be difficult but are there plans to bring the others as played in the future?
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-08-2011, 07:41 AM
I'm afraid all you will get on this is lip-service alluding to the possibility that maybe one day there might be a remote outside chance that sometime in the future it may be decided that another faction is a possibility.

Until then, keep asking for it. It might happen!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2011, 07:44 AM
Hmm Far as I know the devs have never said how many factions they want in the game....

Romulans & Hirogen (most likely next anyway.)
True Way (Spoon heads,Jem;hadar,Kazon? )

Look up nagus' mini faction idea, that could work with pretty much all the cool minor races.

Breen
Tholian
Terran Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2011, 07:50 AM
this question seems to pop up every two or three weeks so im not sure about it not being asked in a while.

yes they want to add them but dont hold your breath, its a huge task and they still need to finish the klingons off. latter parts of 2013 at the earliest i would guess at
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Romulan was chosen over a year aog to be the next one AFTER the Klingons are built up...so I'd wait a few years, if the game even lasts taht long now.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-08-2011, 09:20 AM
No chance of new factions. They can barely make and manage the Feds let alone the Klingons.

Romulans would logically be the next race to become a new race but they will be a glorified PVP faction ike the Klingons. I would rather have the Dominion become a faction since it allows them to open up the Gamma Quadrant and present a bigger faction complete with brand new stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Well its fun to think about it but for now, and at least a full year im sure. Its prob not gonna be on the mind of the devs.

Romulan/cardassian were both on the engineering reports for a long long time. But now Dstahl has left and there are none because they r busy with the whole F2P deal.

And please, dont ever mention Playable borg, or even hint at it. For the love of all thats still good and true, they better not screw over the borg legacy as being some of the greatest enemies in a science fiction series, by making them playable.

Getting worked up about it just thinking bout it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
No chance of new factions. They can barely make and manage the Feds let alone the Klingons.

Romulans would logically be the next race to become a new race but they will be a glorified PVP faction ike the Klingons. I would rather have the Dominion become a faction since it allows them to open up the Gamma Quadrant and present a bigger faction complete with brand new stuff.
Lies... They should make the Terran empire...

copy and paste the galaxy... mark up Spoon Head,Federation,Deferi and most of Romulan space as Terran Space.
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-08-2011, 09:36 AM
With Klingons being pushed back to Lvl 25 it stands to reason that the same will happen to a future faction. And being at Lvl 25 means slightly less content is needed for the KDF to be on par with the Feds. The way I see it, a new faction could be closer than some people think, after all it's a new set of ships to buy for 1600-2000cp. :p

But seriously, I think looking at STO so far I too doubt they could manage 3 factions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-08-2011, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
this question seems to pop up every two or three weeks so im not sure about it not being asked in a while.
Or once a week...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=234146

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=232612