Lt. Commander
# 11
10-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion
As for never buying a LTS on a game... in the future that might be true. But for this one in particular, the LTS was basically about 20 months of subscription, which those buying at the beginning have gotten. Even without it going F2P, anyone with an LTS that would have otherwise subscribed for 20 months got a fair deal. And they're essentially getting a continuous $5/month credit for Cryptic Points every single month after F2P for as long as they own the game. So it's not really a bad deal when you break down the costs.
The old LTS was a fine deal, especially for people who got one early. And for people who already have ships unlocked (assuming they contine to be account-wide unlocks for those accounts after the launch), nothing much really changes. But after F2P launches, anyone who pays new money to subscribe on any plan is just getting ripped off.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-08-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
Given that getting a ship is a complete, absolute roadblock to progression IF you don't want to grind dailies for DL, there is no chance about it. People who want to play the game without being forced to grind every single day WILL buy C-Store ships. The only difference is whether you also pay a subscription on top of what you pay for the ships. When it comes to ships, it's Grind or Buy, no matter whether you sub or not, which makes subbing pretty much a waste of money, if all you want to do is play the game without being forced into a grind.
HA! F2P is a misnomer then. Hardly "free". Like "Buy one get one free". If i have to do something for something then it can't really be free can it? Either way i'm either paying cash, or time.

"Get the game for free. We'll make you pay later somehow!" would be better IMHO. Personally i like honesty in advertising.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-08-2011, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notion
Agreed, Grox.....As for never buying a LTS on a game... in the future that might be true. But for this one in particular, the LTS was basically about 20 months of subscription, which those buying at the beginning have gotten. Even without it going F2P, anyone with an LTS that would have otherwise subscribed for 20 months got a fair deal. And they're essentially getting a continuous $5/month credit for Cryptic Points every single month after F2P for as long as they own the game. So it's not really a bad deal when you break down the costs.
Agreed? You just proved my point. Instead of defending the value of your investment, you're helping this company to justify its de-value. Read that last part again.