Lt. Commander
# 1 Emissary tac officer build
09-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Just came back to the game looking for advice want to run my emissary but I'm tac officer va rank
Need a current build ? Looking to stay alive and cause some hurt

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-21-2011, 09:45 AM
What is it with all the Tacs in Star Cruisers these days? 99% of them are totally useless: can't stay alive under heavy fire and close to zero damage. To say it friendly, Star Cruiser is the worst choice as a tactical captain.

There are some nice threads about cruiser builds and tanking so just read around. Some basic hints:

you probably want
for Engineering:
- 2x EPtS
- 2x EPtW
- DEM 3
- at least 1 Eng Team
- Aux2SIF

for Tactical
- to be a Beam Boat, maybe with a Torpedo front and aft to reduce weapons power drain
- Tactical Team I
- BfaW II / BO II

for Science
- something like ST I, HE I, TSS II (but like every other ship science depends alot on the enemy you are fighting)
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-21-2011, 03:09 PM
As a Tac, I highly recommend moving into an Assault Cruiser.

That being said, are you looking for PvE or PvP?
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-21-2011, 03:30 PM
You could go for excelsior if you have the ship purchased. It's even better than then AC imo.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-06-2011, 07:55 AM
A unique build can be most formidable however I have found that sticking to the same ship type ie sci to sci, eng to eng, tact to tact makes the ship sing. You are missing out on things you could have.

That being said heals, heals, heals, and more heals. Make sure not more than 2 of your heals share the same cool down or it's a waste in most cases.

When you think you have your build right come to Ker'rat. Nothing proves a ship great, OK, or a disaster more than that space zone IMO.

If you decide to stick with the cruiser have a eng train your officers some skills at space dock. Most will happily train them for no trade all you have to do is ask.

Best of luck.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-07-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by decker999 View Post
for Tactical
- to be a Beam Boat, maybe with a Torpedo front and aft to reduce weapons power drain
- Tactical Team I
- BfaW II / BO II
I find it easy and effective to run 8 beams, altho that is a big drain to your wepons, that can easily be fixed by 1st of all going full weapons power, then having 2 EPS transfer consoles and a plasma distribution console. The power drain would almost be completley gone and it does some sweet DPS even without having something like DEM. Then you can dedicate just about everything else to heals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
As a Tac, I highly recommend moving into an Assault Cruiser.

That being said, are you looking for PvE or PvP?
I agree, I always use the assault cruiser, it's a great ship.