Lt. Commander
When going through and selecting missions like "Evaluate Alien Tactical Bridge Officer application" or "Evaluate Andorian Science Officer Application," the massive bias is to Disaster. For example, Putting a purple tac officer interviewing the Alien Bridge Officer candidate yielded:
  • Critical 2%
  • Success 23%
  • Failure 17%
  • Disaster 57%

Even if we accept this as possible, the Andorian Science Officer -- an actual Starfleet Officer -- yielded a Disaster of 62% with a green interviewer with three out of the four positive traits assigned to discuss it.

I can see there being a steep chance for failure, but disaster? This seems like it must be a bug. I reported it as bug #19,242.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-08-2011, 07:41 PM
This isn't so much a bug as poor reporting of what is going on, which is something we are working on communicating better.

Critical = Purple quality
Success = Blue quality
Failure = Green quality
Disaster = White quality

It definitely needs better communicating.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
If this is going to be the standard then there needs to be better odds of getting a blue Doff. Right now, the majority will be white and the result will be continuous disasters when doing blue Doff missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
This isn't so much a bug as poor reporting of what is going on, which is something we are working on communicating better.

Success = Blue quality
Failure = Green quality
Disaster = White quality

Ah, now I know what that actually means. Your right, that definitely needs to be communicated better.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-09-2011, 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic

Success = Blue quality
Failure = Green quality
Disaster = White quality

ah... ok... that makes sense then, i kept skipping those because of the disaster chance, don't want my DOffs to die ;P
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-10-2011, 01:17 AM
Perhaps, if there only was an easy way, you could color code the levels in the UI with different colors to make that more apparent?

Just some random colors I picked for each:

Critical
Success
Failure
Disaster

And on a more serious note.

If I send the perfect DOff to evaluate then the chance of getting a Critical/Success should increase.
Now it never changes.