Lt. Commander
# 11
10-09-2011, 04:51 PM
jhow we gonna train BO skills now? with the hard to get dilithium??? damn i feel sorry for people joining after F2P. at least most of us already have two characters levelled!
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Active Economy ? - If Dilithium is in short supply to the point people cant equip themselves then the 'ECONOMY' is going to grind to a horrific stop and what little Dilithium goes on the market will be getting charged inflated C-Point costs.

That 8K Refined Dilithium has to pay for Ships, Equipment, Officers, Training, Respecs and whatever else Cryptic throw ontop of it with limited means of getting Dilithium to start with that ensures Dilithium is going to be scarce.
Your going to be happy paying $25 worth of C-points for 8K Dilithium that wont even buy you a single piece of equipment ?
This is called Supply and Demand. If supply is super high and there is no demand to use it, you end up with tons and tons of currency with nothing to use/waste/dump it on. This is what Energy Credits have been. The CPoints give Lifers/Sub'ers a reason to convert the CPoints over because after all they will just get 400 next month. It gives Lifers/Sub'ers more playing room in the economy and gives them the upper hand in trade dealing. If something is limited/scarce you are going to want it more.

The point I was going on is I like the idea of Dilithium and this trade economy, but Mertis/Honor need to STAY in game because this is a personal currency. My Spec, My Assigned BOFFs, etc are all things that effect only me, thus it is not tangeable to anyone else. Taking that out of game will hinder players. The Catch-22 with Dilithium (see previous post) can be avoided by keeping Merits/Honor in the game.

Quote:

As for EC: That would logically be used for costume changes, ship reconfigurations and replicated gear. Tying the costume customisations and replicated gear into Dilithium would completely obliterate the need for EC and further drain folks consumption of Dilithium.

Want a new paint job, fleet logo or to put that shiny C-Store uniform on your toon - Sorry, cant do that cause doing so would drain your Refined Dilithium away from the gear you need to run missions effectively.
I forgot about Uniform Changes and Ship Changes. EC does have a use outside the exchange after all. Though in Star Trek I'm sure we would have to do something worth the merit to warrant a Uniform change since they dont have a currency (thats awhole another issue lol)
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-09-2011, 08:48 PM
Someone mentioned an avatar?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Someone mentioned an avatar?
youre flaming.....

is your favorite comic book Fantastic Four w/ the Fantastic Flamer? :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
jhow we gonna train BO skills now? with the hard to get dilithium??? damn i feel sorry for people joining after F2P. at least most of us already have two characters levelled!
No, that's the one thing that doesn't use dilithium... or at least doesn't seem to on the current build. It consumes insignificant amounts of EC.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-09-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
No, that's the one thing that doesn't use dilithium... or at least doesn't seem to on the current build. It consumes insignificant amounts of EC.
And what of Respecs?
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Oh yes, let's keep one MORE currency to keep track of

http://www.allamericanblogger.com/wp...-facepalm1.jpg

We've got like twelve to fifteen different forms of currency. I'm glad some people are happy that it's actually RANKS of the same currency but since I can't earn order 1 and 2 from the same mission I count it as separate forms :p for crying in the bucket this will FINALLY knock it down to a more manageable four... why do we need to make it six or seven more?

Think of the Dilithium (or energy credits if you want) as money for time/services rendered. Your cadet/ensign/what have you contacts a teacher and they pay them in Dilithiium... or burn up a set supply of Dilithium contacting them if you want to be obsessive about the 'no Trek-moneys!!!' thing
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-09-2011, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grig32 View Post
Oh yes, let's keep one MORE currency to keep track of
I think that what is being argued in this thread is that Starfleet Merit/KDF Honor is more like a kind of XP than like a kind of currency, since it is used to train your BOFFs in new skills and to promote them.

A possible compromise here might be that instead of using Dilithium for promotion/respec, players would use BOFF XP. It would slow down your leveling of your BOFFs (so you might hit RA 1 before you have fully trained your BOFFs' Cmdr level skills), but it would make a lot more sense and keep the strain off of your Dilithium.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-10-2011, 08:04 AM
i agree fully with the OP, but i would suggest to wait and see what they will come up with on Tribble before crying foul.

right now i am not sure how exactly it will all work out.

Respecs for Dilithium would most certainly suck.

And to the one guy who suggested that LIFERS will spend their 400 stipend to buy dilithium....
lol, those 400 points are barely enough to counter the new increased C-Store pricetags,
just take a look on Tribbles C-Store, barely any Lifer will waist his stipend on ingame currency if he can have C-Store unlocks.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-10-2011, 08:19 AM
You basically can't do any of the fun, discretionary, aspects of the game now that they cost Dilithium. If you spend your Dilithium, you may not have enough next time you level. Do you really want those cool nacelle pylons, or would you rather have a Captain level shield at Captain?