Lt. Commander
# 11 may i ask a stupid question?
10-15-2011, 04:54 PM
why isn't this mentioned in the sticky at the very top of the forum?
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-16-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsquad_ace View Post
why isn't this mentioned in the sticky at the very top of the forum?
I discuss some of this with others around post #536 of that thread. Some of the criticisms didn't make the front page listing. The torpedoes firing form the neck has bugged me since the starship was introduced to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-17-2011, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
I discuss some of this with others around post #536 of that thread. Some of the criticisms didn't make the front page listing. The torpedoes firing form the neck has bugged me since the starship was introduced to the game.
The neck torpedo launchers should also be raised, you shouldnt be able to see them when looking at the ship front at a straight, level angle. I do wish the torpedos launched from the torpedo tubes by the deflector dish.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Well, now I know why this ship model is so messed up. Mtattersall, when making this ship use the below as reference:

http://www.strekschematics.utvintern...entb/entb.html

He did a good job modelling it, but he was using a bad fan made reference. The neck is all wrong, several parts are quite wrong...mentioned earlier in this thread. But hell, at least now we know.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Really, with all the other other issues this game has cosmetics should be so far down the list of to do's it wouldn't see the light of day until the 5th thursday of the 7th summer equinox that falls in the second week of april. Balance issues, bugs that have been around since launch, Op'd powers so an so forth. I do not believe things like uniform pips being off center to whether a ship skin is exactly to canon is really something they need to worry about right now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Really, with all the other other issues this game has cosmetics should be so far down the list of to do's it wouldn't see the light of day until the 5th thursday of the 7th summer equinox that falls in the second week of april. Balance issues, bugs that have been around since launch, Op'd powers so an so forth. I do not believe things like uniform pips being off center to whether a ship skin is exactly to canon is really something they need to worry about right now.
Time to explain this again. The ship artists like Capnlogan have no other responsibilities outside of making new ships/concepts and fixing the art of old ships. Its their job, to fix this stuff when they have the time. It takes nothing away from fixing alot of those bugs you may have in mind...they have people for that.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgomir View Post
Time to explain this again. The ship artists like Capnlogan have no other responsibilities outside of making new ships/concepts and fixing the art of old ships. Its their job, to fix this stuff when they have the time. It takes nothing away from fixing alot of those bugs you may have in mind...they have people for that.

Really I guess those people must be really busy because I still get stuck in firing animation since launch. The sheer fact you think they have one person that has only one job and that is to fix and go over every cosmetic request made. Cosmetics while are nice are something that should be looked at only when the lion share of bugs and glitches are addressed. Game functionality is much more important than RP immersion.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-18-2011, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Really I guess those people must be really busy because I still get stuck in firing animation since launch. The sheer fact you think they have one person that has only one job and that is to fix and go over every cosmetic request made. Cosmetics while are nice are something that should be looked at only when the lion share of bugs and glitches are addressed. Game functionality is much more important than RP immersion.
Data...you do realize that you are posting this in the 'Art of Star Trek Online' subforum right? Just making sure you realize that you're posting in the section specifically catered for discussions regarding issues with the cosmetic aspect of the game.

Just checking.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-18-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:
It sounds like you ignored the fact that I said his job is also to make and design new ships. He is an artist, thats what he does. There is also character artists, and their job is to make new uniforms and update existing ones. Dont get me wrong, they also fix bugs. Bugs related to the cosmetic aspect of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 20 do not feed the trolls!!!!!!
10-18-2011, 09:32 PM
guys he will not listen to reason, hes just atempting to get attention, so stop feeding him what he want he'll just stay longer.