Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
dont see the harm in it .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
10-09-2011, 08:34 PM
The KA Borg Boff - Sure that wouldnt do any harm although rather pointless since the office is worthless in space and ground.

The C-Store Boff - Hell no. That would instantly destroy the saurian market on the Efficiency trait and allow an extremely unfair gameplay advantage. Suddenly folks can have an army of Engineers before they even leave the Tutorial ? - Unacceptable.

Why would anyone need another Engineer again when she comes with the Efficiency stat and is essentially free after the initial purchase ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
10-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
The C-Store Boff - Hell no. That would instantly destroy the saurian market on the Efficiency trait and allow an extremely unfair gameplay advantage. Suddenly folks can have an army of Engineers before they even leave the Tutorial ? - Unacceptable.
I'm sorry your lottery drop would not be worth 12m credits after this; but that's not a reason not to make the one useful space trait available on any BOFF more available.

There's also no difference between slotting five Borgs and five Saurians, so there is nothing "extremely unfair" about it. It's also not going to collapse the Saurian market anyway, because you can't slot more than three engineers in any conventional ship, and then only in cruisers, which not everyone will want to fly just for a nominal power advantage. Klinks can slot four engineers in a BoP, but I can't think of a whole lot of setups that people would actually want to run with them. The people who want to squeeze every little drop of power from min-max will still buy Saurian Tac and Sci BOFFs; so only the prices on efficient engineers would drop to a more plausible level.

That said, they should do this, but they probably won't. I'm not sure why, since they would obviously make tons of money if they did sell nonunique BOFFs with efficient in each class through C-Store. They could also sell a lot more of their new Caitians and Aenars, and similar C-Store BOFFs, if they would bother to put some really desirable skills on them like BO III, TSS III, etc. Making the very useful but scarce skills more available to players doesn't hurt anyone except those who are disappointed that the market for their lottery tickets dries up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
10-10-2011, 02:43 AM
This idea allows someone to literally begin the game with 4 Engineers as a ground team complete with free skills and Superior traits while everyone else wont get a crew until later. Yes, this causes unbalance gameplay when C-Store shoppers can bring 4 Purple BOs to a fight vs. Non C-Store players that only have one white office at the start of the game.

Why dont we allow folks at the start of the game to claim multiple TR-116 Rifles so they can arm their officers with guns that shoot through walls ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
10-10-2011, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
The C-Store Boff - Hell no. That would instantly destroy the saurian market on the Efficiency trait and allow an extremely unfair gameplay advantage. Suddenly folks can have an army of Engineers before they even leave the Tutorial ? - Unacceptable.
Well a fix of a MAJOR game-flaw is unacceptable to you?

Sorry, that there is only ONE space trait tied to only ONE race simply was awfull in the first place.
Especially as long as that one trait on one race is limitet to one faction!

Not saying it shouldnt be rare, but only (uggly as hell) saurians?
There should be MORE space traits each tied to more then one race; but still, of course they should remain rare and of high value (wich... at least here we can agree, means we shouldnt be able to take multible preorder-borg).
But I for myself consider the current situation more unaccaptable then... well the OPs suggestion.

The saurian "market" shouldnt exist in the way it does.

I had 2 of them wich I gave to fleetmates since I didnt want that THING in my crew (yeah I'm an intollerant racist in starfleet^^).
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
10-10-2011, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well a fix of a MAJOR game-flaw is unacceptable to you?

Sorry, that there is only ONE space trait tied to only ONE race simply was awfull in the first place.
Especially as long as that one trait on one race is limitet to one faction!
Your soloution to this problem is to encourage Cryptic to allow folks that buy the Engineering Borg Bridge Officer FROM THE C-STORE to claim MULTIPLE versions of it ?

This is beyond stupid and worse than the current situation. Saurians dont require you pay C-Points to get them and you cant roll out a new character with a full crew before you even leave the tutorial. Your idea effetively allows me to start a character, claim 4 Borg Bridge Officers and then spend the rest of the game only hunting for Tactical and Science Officers for my ships.

Congraulations: You just destroyed the Engineering officer market below purple.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
10-10-2011, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
I'm sorry your lottery drop would not be worth 12m credits after this; but that's not a reason not to make the one useful space trait available on any BOFF more available.

There's also no difference between slotting five Borgs and five Saurians, so there is nothing "extremely unfair" about it. It's also not going to collapse the Saurian market anyway, because you can't slot more than three engineers in any conventional ship, and then only in cruisers, which not everyone will want to fly just for a nominal power advantage. Klinks can slot four engineers in a BoP, but I can't think of a whole lot of setups that people would actually want to run with them. The people who want to squeeze every little drop of power from min-max will still buy Saurian Tac and Sci BOFFs; so only the prices on efficient engineers would drop to a more plausible level.

That said, they should do this, but they probably won't. I'm not sure why, since they would obviously make tons of money if they did sell nonunique BOFFs with efficient in each class through C-Store. They could also sell a lot more of their new Caitians and Aenars, and similar C-Store BOFFs, if they would bother to put some really desirable skills on them like BO III, TSS III, etc. Making the very useful but scarce skills more available to players doesn't hurt anyone except those who are disappointed that the market for their lottery tickets dries up.
This. I suspect the new Cstore during/after the F2P launch will eventually have this happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
10-10-2011, 12:05 PM
Wait, wait so your telling me my andorian with 2 space traits is useless.. Hmmm I beg to differ. Why would you need all borg B O's my understanding is that you can only get the stat boost from one, as it doesn't stack. Can any other verify if the power boost stack or not?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
10-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Your soloution to this problem is to encourage Cryptic to allow folks that buy the Engineering Borg Bridge Officer FROM THE C-STORE to claim MULTIPLE versions of it ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
wich... at least here we can agree, means we shouldnt be able to take multible preorder-borg
Read, then repy pls.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
10-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwindleBanks
dont see the harm in it .
Other than the fact that they have the habit of assimilating your crew when you are not looking. Lost too many crews to friendly assimilation. The only crew I haven't lost yet is my liberated borg captain's. Although she has a volunteer assimilation plan in place so my Borg Boffs don't get lonely from missing the collective.

Partial assimilation works in keeping your crew from being completely assimilated. So you might want to add hand and face implants to your female crew members to protect them from your borg crew.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 AM.