Lt. Commander
# 11
10-10-2011, 08:18 PM
It is something that needs fixed. As it stands now you cannot continue to train your boffs for a time after you promote them until you can make up the negative skill points. Did they remove merits completely from the game? If so it very well could explain the other boff bugs that have been reported that require merit.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus1701
I got an actual screen shot of mine and I do believe it was shortly after I promoted everyone. Here is the post I made a few days ago about it with a screenshot linked.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=235413
Aye promoting your officers is what seems to trigger the bug. Every time I promote someone, my BO skill pool goes into the negative, no matter how many BO skill points I had previously.

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus1701
It is something that needs fixed. As it stands now you cannot continue to train your boffs for a time after you promote them until you can make up the negative skill points. Did they remove merits completely from the game? If so it very well could explain the other boff bugs that have been reported that require merit.
As a half-measure workaround, I've found that buying basic new officers who happen to have the skill you want is a way to continue training new skills.

Since in-game bought boffs are paid for with dilithium, not credits, you'll likely have a larger pool to spend from ...

Alternatively, you can buy boffs from the Exchange and use /them/ to train up new skills on your crew, but that gets obscenely expensive far too quickly.

Hope this helps,

KOS