Lt. Commander
# 11
10-10-2011, 11:04 AM
My list of Tribble pros and cons:

PROS
  • DOff system...clearly the winner as it's the most fun I've had leveling on Tribble.
  • UI, particularly the mission screen...Seeing the order of missions in each front and that you can replay right from there rather than having to go to your ready room.
  • New STF gear sets...the ground sets look awesome, particularly the Klingon one.

CONS
  • No free ships at rank-up...we should still get the ship plaque, or at least enough refined Dilithium to get it without having to grind.
  • Being FORCED to grind to get good gear/ships...people shouldn't be forced to do ANYTHING...period...some grinding is fine, but this new economic system is just wrong.
  • Hard refining cap...shouldn't even have to comment on this one.
  • Forced mission progression...while I like the idea of having to do each mission in a single arc in order, I do not like being forced to unlock a certain front by doing every one before it.
  • C-Store price hikes...not quite a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to lower the prices back down to what we have now.

If they address my list of cons I'll be fine with the F2P build.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarTrekRon
Ugggh. The missions are MEANT to be played in a certain order
Oh? How does the Klingon front tie into the Romulan one? Or that to Cardassian? Or Cardassian to Borg?

"I'm sorry Vice Admiral, but we can't let you into Omega Leonis until you have dealt the Klingons, the Romulans and the Cardassians first. It's your own fault for exploring strange new worlds instead of doing what everyone else is doing."
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
Oh? How does the Klingon front tie into the Romulan one? Or that to Cardassian? Or Cardassian to Borg?

"I'm sorry Vice Admiral, but we can't let you into Omega Leonis until you have dealt the Klingons, the Romulans and the Cardassians first. It's your own fault for exploring strange new worlds instead of doing what everyone else is doing."
Quoted for truth in sarcasm form
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-10-2011, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post

PROS
  • DOff system...clearly the winner as it's the most fun I've had leveling on Tribble.
  • UI, particularly the mission screen...Seeing the order of missions in each front and that you can replay right from there rather than having to go to your ready room.
  • New STF gear sets...the ground sets look awesome, particularly the Klingon one.

CONS
  • No free ships at rank-up...we should still get the ship plaque, or at least enough refined Dilithium to get it without having to grind.
  • Being FORCED to grind to get good gear/ships...people shouldn't be forced to do ANYTHING...period...some grinding is fine, but this new economic system is just wrong.
  • Forced mission progression...while I like the idea of having to do each mission in a single arc in order, I do not like being forced to unlock a certain front by doing every one before it.
  • C-Store price hikes...not quite a deal-breaker, but it would be nice to lower the prices back down to what we have now.

If they address my list of cons I'll be fine with the F2P build.

Nice list.

Your cons though I will speak on.

The no free ship thing, I am not really championing that because someone in zone chat said the difference between ship cost and what we're given is not as bad as it used to be. I was captain when it was bad but haven't made Admiral since the person said that so I don't know what it is now. But if it's lessened to the degree that person said we should at least not have to go broke getting a ship. Again, going by hearsay so can't really say for sure.

Grinding is not fun so agree with point 2.

Point 3 I haven't really had a problem with yet because point 4 issue makes me log out before I hit the cap.

Your point 4 states my biggest con and how it can easily become acceptable. If each area had it's own progression then no problem as long as the sectors continued to open at certain levels.

And point 5 just means I won't be buying anything in the C-Store and everything in the game will just wait for my stipend to save up for. I bought enough in the C-Store already to be able to play the game. And as someone in a movie I watched the other day said "If I can't find it here already, I don't need it". (changed the saying slightly to fit first person however) Price hike just turns my C-Store spending budget to 0.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-11-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong View Post

PROS
Nice Jack.

I have one more pro to add on to your list. The PvE queue system. I know I am not the only player who can never seem to get a group going for the Fleet Actions, so having a queueing system for them is a damn good idea. In the couple of weeks I've been on Tribble, I've done more fleet actions than I ever did in my year+ of playing on Holodeck.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
For me the big con is the dilithium system in its current form it needs some refining in my opinion mainly becuase i hate grinding. The UI, mission screen, DOFF is all fine i really dont have a problem with doing the missions in order i like it all over so i dont really have a con list its all pro for me
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-11-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by constantin_valdor87 View Post
For me the big con is the dilithium system in its current form it needs some refining in my opinion mainly becuase i hate grinding. The UI, mission screen, DOFF is all fine i really dont have a problem with doing the missions in order i like it all over so i dont really have a con list its all pro for me
We've already seen on Tribble how a bug can make the linear single story come crashing down.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-11-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
CONS
Sorry for breaking up my post, but work interfered. About your cons...

-Not too bothered about not getting a new ship for free. I understand why it is set up that way, although I would prefer a way of getting your new ship with minimal grinding.
-Agreed. People should not be FORCED to do anything.
-Hard refining cap. Again, I'm not too bothered about this. Maybe increase it slightly.
-Forced Mission Progression. Ugh... I can understand mission progression through a Front (ie. Klingon front requires certain missions to be done in order), but the Featured Episodes and access to later Fronts should be level based. On Tribble, I am Commander 7, yet I still have to do the mission 'The Kuvah'magh' (or however you spell it), and I cannot access any Romulan missions or FEs apart from the Devidian series. If people are going to be trying other things while levelling, exploring, fleet actions, etc, then they are going to outlevel the missions. Being able to ignore one Front in favour of another closer to your level should be possible.
-C-Store Price Hikes. Can't say I'm surprised, although I think that the stipend for lifers and subscribers should also be increased to reflect this.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
1. I'm not so bothered by this, I haven't had much problem with dilithium yet.
2. I haven't had a problem with this either, your DOff's can make weapons on certain missions and you can still just buy them for EC on the exchange. No need to grind.
3. It was stated that this cap was only in place whilst the testing phase was on going so yeah I'm not concerned about this, plus I have yet to find any missions that give un-refined dilithium.
4. I like the progression of the missions and it makes the storyline for more entertaining, instead of going off and getting lost and confused at where you were, but I will agree that we should be able to play another story arc alongside one where already doing.
5. What price hikes, from what i've seen the prices are the same I bought 400 C-store points today and got exactly the same amount of stuff on both Holodeck and tribble (I managed to get two uniform packs on each server.)
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuuheiChiba
3. It was stated that this cap was only in place whilst the testing phase was on going so yeah I'm not concerned about this, plus I have yet to find any missions that give un-refined dilithium.
Wrongo. The refinement cap will go live on Holodeck, at least as of the latest dev posts. And the only place where we will get refined Dilithium is through the free stipend we get for ranking up. Everything else gives ore that needs to be refined to be of any use.

Sources:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...37#post3804037
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...33#post3804033

Of course, this is still early in the testing phase, so these can be subject to change between now and when F2P goes live.