Lt. Commander
# 31
11-05-2011, 01:45 AM
BitesizeUGC has posted a review of Dereliction Duty. You can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFEqlhCcmQg

Thanks to RogueEnterprise and Capt.PFDennis for the review!
Lt. Commander
# 32
11-05-2011, 04:37 AM
I also have republished the mission to get the space explosions working again, and to make some animation changes to account for the fact the Scramble Sensors animation is now broken (come on Cryptic!).
Lt. Commander
# 33
11-05-2011, 07:17 AM
All criticism is good so long as it is constructed and you have put a warning on the mission tab that it is a long mission with lots of reading so people should know what they are getting into.

we are human beings, that means we are all different and some people like the idea of a quick combat mission with little or no story, and some people like to read and enjoy other peoples imaginations. I myself am from the latter camp. You will always get people who say there isn't enought combat or there is too much reading, that of course is their choice as if whether to play the mission or not. I think your mission rightly deserves it 4.4 star average, it is one of, if not the best foundry mission I have played and your use of maps really shows what can be done.

I'm really pleased to hear you are working on another mission, if it come anywhere near the high standard of Dereliction then it's a must play as far as I'm concerned.

Whatever you do stay true to yourself and do what you want ot the mission, you are writing and designing it and it is your legacy (if you will) to the world of STO.

Thnka you again for your efforts and for publishing your mission. LLAP
Lt. Commander
# 34
11-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Wow! I finally got around to playing this mission (I've struggled to find an uninterrupted block of 2 to 3 hours of game time) and it was worth the wait. Your use of maps and special effects is stunning. I especially enjoyed the illusion of my ship going to warp inside mission maps. The dialogue was excellent (though I admit that I skimmed some parts). Your characters were superbly developed, and I actually felt a little intimidated by the Admiral. I most enjoyed the feeling that I was truly solving a mystery; the way you allow the player to apply deductive reasoning to determine the identity of the pirates is brilliant.

My only criticism is that the surprise ending felt a little tacked-on; however, this did not affect my enjoyment of the mission. Thank you for spending so many hours to create something truly outstanding. I look forward to the next chapter!
Lt. Commander
# 35
11-06-2011, 11:53 AM
This was an amazing mission! Truly outstanding work and deserves NOTHING less than 5 stars due to its amazing maps, awesome mechanics, and unrivaled path-able dialog! I EAGERLY await your sequel!
Lt. Commander
# 36
11-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm hard at work on Atlas Affair, but as always it's slow going.

In regards to the sequel, I have posted a thread in the Ten Forward forum about the use of the title commodore, and whether it would be appropriate to refer to the leader of a task force as "commodore", or whether that would seem out of place in ST.

If you're interested in providing your thoughts on the use of the title commodore, then please see this thread:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...wpost&t=240475
Lt. Commander
# 37
11-24-2011, 08:11 AM
I think I managed to fix the BOFF pathing on Atlas Deck 13. They still have trouble with getting through the doors, but they should no longer get completely stuck.

If anyone wants to give the first part of the mission a run through, please let me know if your BOFFs are still getting completely stuck (you still have to baby sit them through the doors, but they should get through).
Lt. Commander
# 38
11-24-2011, 12:42 PM
I'm currently playing this mission, and I must say so far I liked it a lot.
The warp effect is especially cool, and I like how different answers have different responses.

Only one thing to nitpick on right now is Romulans and Remans DO use Disruptor weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 39
11-24-2011, 03:49 PM
None of my Officers got stuck by the way.
Lt. Commander
# 40
11-24-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 View Post

Only one thing to nitpick on right now is Romulans and Remans DO use Disruptor weapons.
Thanks for catching that. It's really strange but I could have sworn the Romulans used plasma weapons in this game. I know they used plasma torpedo, but I remember always getting the plasma burn effect when fighting them (even when not hit by a torpedo).

I guess I was wrong about that... Now I'll have to try to figure out how to fix that problem.