Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Mission Database
Login

Lt. Commander
# 71
04-10-2012, 09:24 AM
Good golly sir, this was a fantastic mission.

I loved the way that you could interact with items that were non story essential.

Also, permission to punch ***ami in the throat?

EDIT: ^^^ Oh wow...
Lt. Commander
# 72
04-11-2012, 12:31 AM
The only problem I had with Dereliction Duty was trying to get my Boffs through the doors aboard the Atlas when you go over there for the briefing. It took me more than ten tries to get two of them out of the transporter room (I set waypoints for the other two and left them in there). Otherwise I loved the mission, and especially loved the feeling of actually investigating something and figuring things out without having to blow X number of things up first. Looking forward to playing the next episode!
Lt. Commander
# 73
04-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Gundren's comm code WILL be mine!!!!!

*prepares to play DD for the 10th time*

Looking forward to part V, not in a pressuring or anticipating way, simply in wondering what might happen next.
Lt. Commander
# 74 Dereliction Duty/Atlas Affair
04-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Hey guys

I'm new to posting in the forums (although I've been playing STO obsessively for a little while now), as I simply don't often have much of interest to contribute. However, I saw this thread and had to stick my head in.

I have played a few of the "top rated" Foundry missions now, and have recently created my first attempt at an original mission. I was impressed with the quality of some of these missions prior to my own experiments with the Foundry, but since? Wow.

My thanks and admiration go out to the author. Dereliction Duty / Atlas Affair is an amazingly well created series with characters that I got to know and care about, (even managed to respect ***ami slightly after my conversation choices with her). Branching conversations really add to the immersion, and it seems that you can interact with almost anything, whether it is an objective or not. I was very impressed with the final entry in the series' "multiple endings" workaround and it was very effective.

All in all, this post is simply to say thank you for providing us as players with these episodes. After my own experience with the Foundry I can appreciate even more the time and effort you have put into creating them, and I am grateful. The episodes are in my opinion something you can really be proud of.

Thanks again.
Lt. Commander
# 75
05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
Atlas Affair was absolutely AWESOME.

Hoping that Nagorak does a follow-up at some point. Would love to know what becomes of the elder daughter.
Lt. Commander
# 76
05-18-2012, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the positive words guys. I do plan on making more missions, but I've just been totally overwhelmed in real life lately. I just haven't had the time to even play STO at all. Hopefully I'll have time to get back into the Foundry in the next month or so, and on a positive note my creative batteries should be fully recharged by my "vacation" from the game.

By the way, if you've finished Dereliction Duty/Atlas Affair, be sure to play Perilous Prize, if you haven't already. It's a little more light hearted and maybe not as epic as the other missions, but I think it's still a fun story.
Lt. Commander
# 77
05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
To be blunt, I'd like to see this mission (among others by Nagorak) as a featured Foundry Spotlight.

I realize they're longer than the typical Foundry mission, but they're noteworthy. Make it so, Cryptic!
Ensign
# 78
09-29-2012, 03:08 AM
hey ive played this mission before but now i cant find it anywhere on the foundry after putting in the mission name and authors name can someone help please
Career Officer
# 79
09-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexea2 View Post
hey ive played this mission before but now i cant find it anywhere on the foundry after putting in the mission name and authors name can someone help please
Hi. Sorry I had to pull my missions due to some changes for S6. There were some things that had to be updated for the new system, and while I was at it, I decided to make some additional upgrades.

Dereliction Duty and Atlas Affair (Parts 1 & 2) will both be back up by this coming Friday. Hopefully I can get them up before that, maybe as soon as Monday, but they will be up by Friday for certain.

Sorry for the inconvenience. But it's good to know I haven't been totally forgotten.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Ensign
# 80
09-30-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Hi. Sorry I had to pull my missions due to some changes for S6. There were some things that had to be updated for the new system, and while I was at it, I decided to make some additional upgrades.

Dereliction Duty and Atlas Affair (Parts 1 & 2) will both be back up by this coming Friday. Hopefully I can get them up before that, maybe as soon as Monday, but they will be up by Friday for certain.

Sorry for the inconvenience. But it's good to know I haven't been totally forgotten.
ok then thanks for the help glad to know they will come back