Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
One thing that has always puzzled me, is why haven't the spawn points on the Fed side in Ghost ship and Assimilated Cruiser been adjusted? The beam in points on both maps are where you automatically respawn to if you are incapacitated any where near these points.

This makes it easy for the opposing team to camp that spawn point. Some players may do it intentionally others by mistake. Whatever the case, the Klingon beam in points do not have this problem.

(Another reason why I wanted to make this thread, is because I haven't seen any ground related posts in a long time, so hopefully we will have something interesting to read on the forums again.)
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-08-2011, 07:38 PM
To be honest I haven't encountered this problem before. I don't know why this would happen happen on fed side and not klink. Sorry I can't be much help here, I don't do ground that much. I would like to know the answer to this I'm whatching this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-08-2011, 08:10 PM
For once I get to be the first to say it in a thread...

I'm sorry I love the new ground combat compared to what it was.. but LOLground.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
but LOLground.
Whatch out I got an infraction for saying that :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-09-2011, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 521Jim
One thing that has always puzzled me, is why haven't the spawn points on the Fed side in Ghost ship and Assimilated Cruiser been adjusted? The beam in points on both maps are where you automatically respawn to if you are incapacitated any where near these points.

This makes it easy for the opposing team to camp that spawn point. Some players may do it intentionally others by mistake. Whatever the case, the Klingon beam in points do not have this problem.

(Another reason why I wanted to make this thread, is because I haven't seen any ground related posts in a long time, so hopefully we will have something interesting to read on the forums again.)
I've not played klingon ground all that much but yes I am not a fan of this Fed-side. While most premades will give the spawn point a little breathing room, some people who respawn have a tendency to just sit there so...well, you just kill them lol. This is one thing that should be fixed to help prevent camping, you'll get no argument from me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 06:43 AM
If it is intentional that the Fed Spawn points be fixed in these two maps, then a simple safeguard would seem appropriate, such as a weapon dampening field within 50 meters of the re-spawn. If it is not intentional, simply making it random like the KDF side would fix the problem.