Lt. Commander
# 21
10-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiFan_78 View Post
Make some DSEs in the neutral zones that are open PvP zones. If you die in the open PvP zone, there is a % chance you will lose something from your invetory.
i disagree with just losing something from your inventory i feel it has to have more depth than that.Someing like haveing to replace some of your crew or doff or even a boff and have to retrain a new crew member.And for winning you get a new boff or doff will skill set mainly for a pvp build ship. Pvp has to have a real risk and reward system that makes you want to pvp i have played games like eve online and swg they are great pvp games but like in eve the cost is to high and swg the reward is not even there.i would like to see missions were it is a open pvp map that both sides have some objetives to do.not just killing each other back and forth for no reson other than saying we won you lose.A pvp system that makes the hole game feel the war so that even pve'er can see that the pvp'ers are doing something that has meaning to the hole game world.
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-11-2011, 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicktoreBeskor View Post
i disagree with just losing something from your inventory i feel it has to have more depth than that.Someing like haveing to replace some of your crew or doff or even a boff and have to retrain a new crew member.And for winning you get a new boff or doff will skill set mainly for a pvp build ship. Pvp has to have a real risk and reward system that makes you want to pvp i have played games like eve online and swg they are great pvp games but like in eve the cost is to high and swg the reward is not even there.i would like to see missions were it is a open pvp map that both sides have some objetives to do.not just killing each other back and forth for no reson other than saying we won you lose.A pvp system that makes the hole game feel the war so that even pve'er can see that the pvp'ers are doing something that has meaning to the hole game world.
You see, that is my whole hesitation to PvP. Every game that I have personally played PvP in was just a bunch of people running around shooting each other. That is not my idae of fun. STO PvP is by far the best I have experienced in that at least you are teamed up. That is also why I dont mind the Cap n Hold maps where there is at least some sort of objective. If there was a pvp map, for example, where lets say a group of Feds and a group of klinks are fighting for one objective like capturing a borg ship. Each team member has to beam an away team onto the ship. At the same time, they must prevent the other team beaming their boarding party. The first team to get all boarding parties on wins. That just make want to pvp a little more.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-11-2011, 08:37 AM
Quote:
You see, that is my whole hesitation to PvP. Every game that I have personally played PvP in was just a bunch of people running around shooting each other. That is not my idae of fun. STO PvP is by far the best I have experienced in that at least you are teamed up. That is also why I dont mind the Cap n Hold maps where there is at least some sort of objective. If there was a pvp map, for example, where lets say a group of Feds and a group of klinks are fighting for one objective like capturing a borg ship. Each team member has to beam an away team onto the ship. At the same time, they must prevent the other team beaming their boarding party. The first team to get all boarding parties on wins. That just make want to pvp a little more.
i agree pvp needs to have some real depth not just back and forth fighting for no reson plus as I said some risk and reward system.I want to pvp in this game because i love the combat system both space and ground but i stoped because it got boreing and not alot of ppl pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-11-2011, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Cap and Hold has no meaning in this game. It's incomplete. People get the same rewards after the game ends regardless of who has tickets remaining in game.

This is cryptic pvp. Unfinished.

Here's a very typical scenario in CnH:

Half the fed team decides "hey, I will cap and hold this point! Oh look! My teammates are getting shot up over there! Who cares! I WILL CAP AND HOLD! ME ME ME! ONLY I MATTER! I DON'T CARE FOR TEAMWORK!" Yes, this is supposed to be the mindset for winning CnH...

This guy will sit in that one spot and just watch his shorthanded team get obliterated BECAUSE they were shorthanded. He was raised in PvE, where he's the hero and his decisions are the ones that matter. Now, the enemy armada comes in and charges him alone and he quickly dies because it's a 5 v 1. Now he complains about not having a team to aid him.

Meanwhile, the other team of feds or klings ball up and have target practice. You'll see scores of the "losing team" being 50+ kills and 0 deaths. Did they win? They destroyed the opposing fleet! But... they lost the game because their 1200 ticket count reached 0 first!

WHO CARES! It's a Cryptic game! You'll have the same rewards win or lose in CnH and in Arena. Cryptic has never advocated for having more rewards if you win, thereby encouraging... "winning" Their actions speak volumes on how little they care about pvp.

PvP in this MMO HAS... NO... MEANING... unless it's for fleet / personal pride. This is why the system encourages PvP afkers and emblem heroes. It's not a system that encourages PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-11-2011, 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
PvP in this MMO HAS... NO... MEANING... unless it's for fleet / personal pride. This is why the system encourages PvP afkers and emblem heroes. It's not a system that encourages PvP.
i agree but i feel in time the game could have a great pvp system because the combat system is fun.I think the devs just need to look at other games pvp systems what works and what doesn't and build off that.Give us meaning give us risk and reward and we will pvp and have fun doing it
Lt. Commander
# 26
10-11-2011, 02:20 PM
One of the major things that we at Cryptic, and the folks at PWE want to do is rework PvP a little more. This is going to start with that massive KDF update we keep talking about, and then more PvP awesomeness should follow.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
One of the major things that we at Cryptic, and the folks at PWE want to do is rework PvP a little more. This is going to start with that massive KDF update we keep talking about, and then more PvP awesomeness should follow.

Thanks,

Stormshade
So, late 2012 maybe? Sorry even the F2P'ers won't wait that long for better quality pvp, and will only exacerbate the poor reviews of Cryptic worlwide.
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-11-2011, 03:17 PM
is this the same update that you don't want to give even an ounce of information on for fear of "spoiling" us?
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-11-2011, 03:27 PM
KDF update....never heard that one before!
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
A response about PvP? Amazing... granted it wasn't in the PvP Gameplay topic, but hey, better than nothing.