Lt. Commander
# 1 Ship Level Matching Needs work
10-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Something needs to be done to enhance the ship level matching system. Since low level ships have less weapon slots, console slots, and boff abilities then higher level ships, the current system of upping the ship to a higher rank just isn't effective, and lowering a ship to a lower rank still leaves it much more powerful.

I don't know the best way to fix this, maybe ship by type needs to get additional power modifiers that multiply weapon damage console buffs and boff power effects by a factor that would bring it more inline with the actual power of a higher level ship. While this might make individual power uses much more powerful, it should average out with less usage overall.

My concern is that even as an experienced player when I do level adjusted group content on Tribble (Borg DSE/Mirror Invasions) it is very very easy to get your butt handed to you. Now imagine a new player coming in and getting literally one shot over and over, which can be greatly exacerbated if they just use the boff abilities they are given, which could lead to things that are bad ideas, like Torpedo Spread or not having a shield or hull heal.