Lt. Commander
# 11
10-12-2011, 03:34 AM
My big problem with this mission is following up by getting contraband to actually making the turret. Its a hard to find mission, thats also hard to succeed with.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
I understand issues like this can be frustrating, but we really do appreciate the effort you guys are going to to helping us work out these problems before the system goes onto Holodeck.

The C-Store packs are being changed to reflect qualify rather than rarity.

I am, however, interested in which duty officers you got that you felt were useless; there are assignments for every specialization, though some are better represented than others. Let me know which ones you got that you found useless and I will look into the assignment distributions and make sure nothing slipped between the cracks in terms of some useful functionality.
I've received several colonists and Refugees out of a CStore pack -_-;
Those felt pretty useless, and what was worse is the fact that one was a rare human, and the other was a Very Rare Aenar >_<
Some examples with names:
Harry Jayson Hetjonk - Rare, Human, Refugee
Nyssa Pirs - Very Rare, Aenar, Colonist

It's especially annoying getting Colonist DOffs as they are typically just turned in for colonization missions, and otherwise mostly useless. There are missions to get 5 colonists, and ones to send 5 off... Having an extra one or two here or there feels pretty lame.
Also, I've yet to find a use for a refugee. I'm not saying that there isn't one... but I have yet to see a mission that requires one.
What made it worse is that they were both of course, my Rare draws

So there's my two strips on "useless" DOffs from CStore packs.

P.S. - I've received 4 Tama's, the Ferengi Trader.. whats up with that ? Keep the Ferengi away from the cloning machine, eh ? lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-12-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
s especially annoying getting Colonist DOffs as they are typically just turned in for colonization missions, and otherwise mostly useless. There are missions to get 5 colonists, and ones to send 5 off... Having an extra one or two here or there feels pretty lame.
Also, I've yet to find a use for a refugee. I'm not saying that there isn't one... but I have yet to see a mission that requires one.
What made it worse is that they were both of course, my Rare draws

P.S. - I've received 4 Tama's, the Ferengi Trader.. whats up with that ? Keep the Ferengi away from the cloning machine, eh ? lol
Both of these above issues are being addressed, at least in part.

The C-Store packs first, with them going to be based on quality rather than rarity, then eventually the Ferengi trader duplicate frequency - this last will actually take a bit of work, so you may have to deal with his clones for a while longer.
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-12-2011, 05:09 AM
Officers from C-Store packs that (I felt) are useless:

The White Quality Very Rare Aenar Colonist, Jhe'lep Isiri.
His Brother, the White quality, Common Andorian Colonist, Jhe'lep Isiri.
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-12-2011, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Both of these above issues are being addressed, at least in part.

The C-Store packs first, with them going to be based on quality rather than rarity, then eventually the Ferengi trader duplicate frequency - this last will actually take a bit of work, so you may have to deal with his clones for a while longer.
It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't keep on quoting Rules of Acquisition at me in tandem

Seriously though, thanks for the quick response Heretic
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-12-2011, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrion
[...]
It's especially annoying getting Colonist DOffs as they are typically just turned in for colonization missions, and otherwise mostly useless. There are missions to get 5 colonists, and ones to send 5 off... Having an extra one or two here or there feels pretty lame.
[...]
establish forward base assignments require 3 colonists
first in colonies require 4 colonists
so far I haven't advanced further.

I've seen quite a few assignments requiring refugees too.
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
My big problem with this mission is following up by getting contraband to actually making the turret. Its a hard to find mission, thats also hard to succeed with.
This is my problem too. I have several of the schematics, but I've never once (on either my Tribble Fed or KDF character) received even 1 piece of Contraband.

My shortage of Contraband means I'm unable to accept many of my KDF missions, not just the prototype missions. Some of which require 2-3 pieces.

I don't know if missions exist that offer Contraband as a direct reward. I don't recall having ever seen one. I've read from the forums it's supposed to be given as a unlisted reward for special results on other missions (like certain raids or something?).

Are other people getting Contraband?
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-12-2011, 09:00 AM
There is one mission in the Sirius sector, but like i say, the best i was able to get was a 63% failure rate, like the boff missions. I got it once and of course failed it.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-12-2011, 07:24 PM
I know that mission you are disscussing about. I got the turret. It's part of the Espionage mission.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-12-2011, 10:07 PM
Note, too, that the schematics are tradeable...