Lt. Commander
# 21
10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicktoreBeskor View Post
i would like to see what the devs have to say about a crafting up date and making some changes to make it more like the swg system
We've got some changes to crafting coming to Tribble soon that I think you'll all like. However, I don't think we're going to aim for a SWG like system.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 22
10-11-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
We've got some changes to crafting coming to Tribble soon that I think you'll all like. However, I don't think we're going to aim for a SWG like system.

Thanks,

Stormshade
Keep in mind that players seem to want crafting to be an exploratory exercise, rather than another form of vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 23
10-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade

Thanks,

Stormshade
crafting on your ships interiors? That would be awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 24
10-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Keep in mind that players seem to want crafting to be an exploratory exercise, rather than another form of vendor.
^^^
Not all players, thank you. (I really hate it when people deem to try and speak for the entire playerbase)

If fine with the crafting mechanics as they are in general. I was unhappy it seemed the ability to craft an even ranlked items was removed under F2P (and I'd also like to see the the Injury (Minor, Major, Critical) and Starship Components (Minor, Major, Critical) <--- These are used to heal/repair yourself and Boffs/your ship when playing on a Difficulty setting above 'Normal') added to the 'Able to Craft' list.
Lt. Commander
# 25
10-11-2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by willfl View Post
I didn't get into crafting much early on, and I'm paying for it now. I'm spending quite a bit in the exchange buying samples to get my R&D skills up. At this point, now, I'm actually able to craft stuff worth selling in the exchange to offset my costs for samples, but I still have to really watch my expenses and see what's going for what in the Exchange before I commit.

How're you handling crafting?
Personally, I did not have much interest in crafting till recently. Luckily I collected tons of samples over 4 VAs since launch just in case I ever changed my mind.. And I did just a few days ago.

Having 500 to 800 of each of the three T1 data samples in the bank I was easily able to max my crafting skill in a about an hour (only 160 or so mouse clicks) making hypos, shields, and energy cells.

Also, happily I had tons of other data samples and a number of rare ones, so I made a full set of Aegis for myself and a friend.

So for me crafting was easy, provided great gear, and I still have tons of samples for all tiers left over.

Lt. Commander
# 26
10-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
^^^
Not all players, thank you. (I really hate it when people deem to try and speak for the entire playerbase)

If fine with the crafting mechanics as they are in general. I was unhappy it seemed the ability to craft an even ranlked items was removed under F2P (and I'd also like to see the the Injury (Minor, Major, Critical) and Starship Components (Minor, Major, Critical) <--- These are used to heal/repair yourself and Boffs/your ship when playing on a Difficulty setting above 'Normal') added to the 'Able to Craft' list.
Well, you are the first poster I've seen who's expressed satisfaction with the shop-by-another-name that is current "crafting". Every other poster I've seen show an opinion on this wants a more freeform, experimental system used.

Interestingly, the DOFF system reworked a tad could be perfect; variable inputs with different outcomes.
Lt. Commander
# 27
10-12-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walshicus
Well, you are the first poster I've seen who's expressed satisfaction with the shop-by-another-name that is current "crafting". Every other poster I've seen show an opinion on this wants a more freeform, experimental system used.

Interestingly, the DOFF system reworked a tad could be perfect; variable inputs with different outcomes.
i agree i never bin much of a crafter but i have allways have had fun trying to find good crafters with diffrent skills and haggleing with them over prices.With more experimention and freeform crafting it makes the hole game feel deeper for me
Lt. Commander
# 28
10-12-2011, 05:50 AM
Wait why would anyone craft in this game?

You can't make custom items, and the items you can make are utter garbage. What a horrible recipe. (pun intended)
Lt. Commander
# 29
10-12-2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
Wait why would anyone craft in this game?

You can't make custom items, and the items you can make are utter garbage. What a horrible recipe. (pun intended)
Aegis set.

MK XI Very Rare Weapons (Acc, 2x Dam modifiers)
MK XI Rare Consoles

Mk X Very Rare ground equipment.

What else would you need?
Lt. Commander
# 30
10-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrondiger

What else would you need?
the ability to chose my own modifiers, reengineer items with special bonuses and create new items with those bonuses, turn items into material for new items for starters.