Lt. Commander
# 1 Remove Anti Matter Crap Now
10-02-2011, 12:02 PM
REMOVE ANTI MATTER CRAP NOW

LAST 10 matches i where in, as soon as we engaged the enemy that antimatter $@!%@#% @ scrambles everyone its VERY annoying.

Just ditch it and remove it from the game, or fix scramble.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Just to point out that the red matter cap is alot different then the anti matter spread

just thought you should know
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-02-2011, 02:25 PM
AMS should have never been added to the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Yep....real sick of being scrambled...I'm really at a loss as to why we needed more scrambles.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-02-2011, 02:45 PM
LOUD NOISES!

Also, if anything, it needs a much greater range buff if anything.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captmack
Just to point out that the red matter cap is alot different then the anti matter spread

just thought you should know
Read up, Antimatter Crap, not Cap (Capacitor)
Lt. Commander
# 7
10-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I agree! Devs must of given this to the role players with galaxy class ships fighting Borg.
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-02-2011, 04:34 PM
everyone wants to say fix this or that but you all just dont see what you have done .. with all the sci and fighter spam out there every time they give us something to fight it everyone says its over powerd we had faw was working well then ppl yeld about it so we have a **** skill now .......now we have AMC and torpedo spread that works very well on all the spam that the klinks have and you want it nerfted or gone ?
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-02-2011, 05:02 PM
yeah... just gonna work on my pve
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-02-2011, 05:19 PM
I think I see the intent of the AMS console -- it was intended to help cruisers deal with enemies camping out at point blank range. Or that's what the legitimate use for it seems anyway; sometimes cruisers need a "get the hell off my back" button.

But Scramble was bad, and More Scramble is worse.

We already had the bidding war between DPS and healing which has resulted in ships that blow up in 2 seconds if they don't use resistance buffs, and shields that can't be penetrated without running every buff and debuff possible. Now we're getting into the same sort of bidding war with controls -- cruisers couldn't compete with SVs, BoPs or the MVAM when it came to science lockouts, and now they can.

You are supposed to have so much firepower that your enemies disintegrate in under 3 seconds, but your enemies are supposed to have shields that can't be damaged, so you are supposed to have control powers to disrupt their normal healing, so they need control powers to disrupt your control powers, so you need to carry ST so you can disrupt them disrupting your control powers. If either party fails in one phase of the escalation, they are supposed to blow up in 2 seconds.

It's kind of stupid, but Cryptic wants the game to be ruled by BOff powers.

I actually think the game would be a lot better if players had several times as much hull and shields as they currently do (kind of like tougher NPCs do), but every BOff power was dramatically nerfed. Healing should give you back maybe 10%, and a 5% resistance or damage buff should be major. But on the other hand, a SV with 3 beams and 80ish weapon power ought to be able to eventually wear down shields, one with 125 weapon power ought to eventually wear down shields despite resistances.

AMS is just part of Cryptics goal of turning Trek combat into a series of one-shots. Instead of having a ships controls locked out once a season as a major plot point, Cryptic wants that to be the standard way of overcoming defenses.

((I feel bad for the original poster, because I've seen them in matches where their PUG team-mates brought the cheese, but they played straight. I run AMS on my cruiser but only use it against teams that use SS or massive amounts of spam -- I know I've hit the OP with it when they weren't the one that hit me with chained SS. It sucks, but the best counter to cheese is more cheese -- that's the way Cryptic wants the game to work.))
Closed Thread