Lt. Commander
# 1 Hi there
10-11-2011, 05:46 AM
I'm Charlie; Iíve been a big fan of Star Trek for years. I got involved with STO last year when it was released and also was a beta as well. I am currently in the USS Antares (Excelsior Retrofit)

I thought I start posting here, since I joined last year I didn't see the point in posting but now I see allot of things happening around here and I look forward to getting to know everyone here

I will tell you a little about me loll.

My name is Charlie, I live in Scotland's north east called Dundee City of Discover(Check it on the wiki about the Dundee Ship) I am 23 years old and I am currently training to be a youth worker. Suffice to say, its enjoyable experience and sometimes hard loll. I spend my free weekends out in town with mates drinking, playing pools on some Sundays. When I have time, I play on the ps3 and play gram truism 5:p
My favourite ST series: Star Trek Enterprise and The Next Generation + Movies. I have the entire set on DVD and Bluray. I think Star Trek TNG movies on bluray are bloody fantastic!

I also drive a Citroen saxo VTR 1.1 and I still live with my parents. Sadly, there's no jobs going, but I am hoping to pass my training soon and get a job as Youth Worker.

I love Katy Perry, Scarlett Johansson and my fav actor is Christian Bale. Love Steven Spielbergís new series called Terra Nova.

I think that it. And I also I look forward to get to know you properly.

I been hearing allot of bad things going on in STO? From what I been hearing, it's not good at all.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 05:56 AM
Welcome Charlie,

MMO's much like life are what you make of them, sure there are some things one can not change no matter how much we would like to, learn to roll with it - its all good - really.

By the way I am 53 and my son lived with us untill he was two months from turning 25, the job market here is not good either! Good luck with the Youth thing. And again - welcome aboard!
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 06:11 AM
Thanks for your welcome i hope your son has luck to get a job in the future
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2011, 06:40 AM
First things first.
I'm married, infected with 7 unknown diseases, pregnant with lizards and clinically dead.
Ok... Hello and welcome.

I feel scornful.
I snapped my fingers and I got a job customized to me personally.
Not only do I get bake bread at a bakery I also get to prepare food in a restaurant.

And STO. Relax and wait out the storm.
F2P beta has only been on for what... A week or something?
They got plenty of changes and tweaks to do until that thing is half finished and pushed out the door. :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Lol hello there Chat. I might come and get some lunch
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 07:12 AM
hi and welcome. hope you are having fun. liking star trek is a pretty good starting point and terra nova seems interesting enough at this point.

and everybody loves katy perry. i plan to marry her one day. she does not know that yet but thats a minor detail to work out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie25 View Post
I been hearing allot of bad things going on in STO? From what I been hearing, it's not good at all.
as a long time poster trust me when i say if you listened to the forums you would have thought the game would have died six times over. people get their pants in a knot over the smallest thing. the game is going free to play which has caused a bit of a content drought while they get it all set up and that has got some heated debates going, a lot more heated than normal and there are some issues to work out in the free to play beta but its never as bad as it sounds. there is a long way to go, so no need to worry too much just yet.

the future is look extremely bright in my view and it looks like there are some great things coming down the line. dont get sucked into too much negativity.

just enjoy the ride.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Why Hello Sir
10-11-2011, 07:24 AM
You have to pay a 10F tax of 13 gooses lying in wait, all wearing spandex bicycle hot pants, with burkingstock sandles on their webbed feet of smelly goose poo.

You must also run though your local big box store with nothing but yer boxers and pretty make-up on yer torso (god save the queen)

And when you have completed these 2 tasks, you must knock over a liquor store dressed as ricardo the awkwardly femine sailor from bombay.

After all this is completed, then and only then will i tell you the great secret of life..........

Oh and don't make the Chat angry..........those aren't hands she has, they are individual razor sharp teeth in which to consume your soul for a thousand years of Chat bidding......

And if you have a sister.....hide her from Hort.

Other than that...welcome to a nice adjusted family

Welcome to 10 F !

PS......give me all of your nachos and I'll foget this conversation ever took place.......Chat is watching 0,0
Lt. Commander
# 8
10-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
hi and welcome. hope you are having fun. liking star trek is a pretty good starting point and terra nova seems interesting enough at this point.

and everybody loves katy perry. i plan to marry her one day. she does not know that yet but thats a minor detail to work out.

as a long time poster trust me when i say if you listened to the forums you would have thought the game would have died six times over. people get their pants in a knot over the smallest thing. the game is going free to play which has caused a bit of a content drought while they get it all set up and that has got some heated debates going, a lot more heated than normal and there are some issues to work out in the free to play beta but its never as bad as it sounds. there is a long way to go, so no need to worry too much just yet.

the future is look extremely bright in my view and it looks like there are some great things coming down the line. dont get sucked into too much negativity.

just enjoy the ride.
Thanks for the information you have given me . I been playing for a year now and i hope it will still be better along the road to the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by castogere View Post
Oh and don't make the Chat angry..........those aren't hands she has, they are individual razor sharp teeth in which to consume your soul for a thousand years of Chat bidding......

And if you have a sister.....hide her from Hort.

Other than that...welcome to a nice adjusted family

Welcome to 10 F !

PS......give me all of your nachos and I'll foget this conversation ever took place.......Chat is watching 0,0
Lol i think you're going to be a laugh in the future and thank you for the reassurance
Lt. Commander
# 9
10-11-2011, 08:25 AM
Welcome! (Why did I get the vision of Brad Pitt when he said that in Fight Club?)

Anywho...Grab a self hugging jacket and make yourself at home! There's no escape now
Lt. Commander
# 10
10-11-2011, 08:36 AM
Hi Charlie! Welcome to the social side of STO.