Lt. Commander
# 1 Free to play down load
10-11-2011, 04:20 PM
Why not open the F2P tribble server to the public. I mean yes get vets view of what they want to do, but offer the tribble server to the public. I mean yea we vets test the new stuff, but why not get the view of new players? They did it for us before the game whent live, why not do it now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
10-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edkenny
Why not open the F2P tribble server to the pubic.

...That was a rather unfortunate typo.

But in all seriousness I think they are limiting it to current subs so they don't have trolls on while trying to test stuff out, and maybe also see what exsiting members think of the changes.
Lt. Commander
# 3
10-11-2011, 04:52 PM
You dont want to do that. Some people that have never seen the game may try it see the problems that are on the tribble server and think thats how its going to be and just quit. Were as if they wait for the finished server and dont have the bug may stay.
Lt. Commander
# 4
10-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_Kristov

...That was a rather unfortunate typo.

But in all seriousness I think they are limiting it to current subs so they don't have trolls on while trying to test stuff out, and maybe also see what exsiting members think of the changes.
Thanks for pointing it out. As for the bugs let them know that this is a test server. That when it goes live it ill ot be the same. Who knows maybe some will sub.
Lt. Commander
# 5
10-11-2011, 09:28 PM
At this point probably not. It is more likely to occur later in the process when they start stress testing everything to make sure it still holds up under load.
Lt. Commander
# 6
10-11-2011, 10:12 PM
It is far too early in testing to consider letting F2P players join in the testing. In its current state, new players would feel alienated and irritated by the difficulties in gaining ships and equipment and the levelling is far too fast to make it enjoyable which is what they would want instead of actually wanting to test the system.