Lt. Commander
# 11
10-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
The more I watch STOked..the more I hate Cryptic.

P2W is the only way now it seems....way to become nothing but greedy businessmen...
I can understand that viewpoint and agree with you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
10-11-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm pretty impressed with the defiant interior, although the aft section of the bridge still looks too large. Lcars looks good ingame and that must be the smallest transporter I've seen ingame yet!

Thanks STOked for taking the time to arrange this and to Cryptic for being open and allowing such access.
Lt. Commander
# 13
10-11-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
The more I watch STOked..the more I hate Cryptic.

P2W is the only way now it seems....way to become nothing but greedy businessmen...

PvP has no future...just remove it form STO now

Edit: And lol at the Star Wars copy for that one Orion ship with the lasers in the front....CIS gunship much?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I can understand that viewpoint and agree with you.
i'll be honest... i seriously dislike you two right now (but i'm not gonna sink low in feeling so)

all you really do is attack Cryptic (when the real problem is PW). you only see the bad in them and hate them for it. you don't see that they're all Star Trek lovers and excited to be working on STO.

care to explain all this?
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
New Ships:

I love the D-4 making its way into STO, but not really fond of it being called a "New" K'T'inga. If the Klingons had a Tier 0, I honestly could see that being used as a NX equivalent for a starter ship than the B'rel. Of course, Klingons no longer have a Tier 0 or 1.

The Tachyon Probe, don't see it being useful since there is an abundance of AOEs in PvP and in PvE.

I still am fond of the new Consitution. Not sure if the Devs gave it a name yet, but I suggest the Yorktown-class. Since the Enterprise-A was a renamed from the U.S.S. Yorktown.

And the new Defiant (the Sao Paulo-class), gotta love those improvements to the base Defiant look. Thumbs up!

The new Intrepid's design is really snazzy. Smart using Vektor's deflector idea. Though with talk of a "New" Intrepid Varient, I was thinking the Yeager or the Elkins was going to make it's way into STO.

New Models:

Haha, Multi-legs! But some of those new postures are on Tribble, and no offense but they don't look too realistic. I mean how many men put their hands on their hips? And the way he's crossing his arms looks like he's mega ****ed than "gruff".

New Interiors: Haha, I knew you guys could model the Defiant Interior properly to scale and not have camera issues. And people said it couldn't be done!

Now lets start seeing other canonical ship's interiors.

Haha, and whose the new member of the team we see in that group interview?
Lt. Commander
# 15
10-11-2011, 12:08 PM
It's quite sad how STOKED travelled all that way to visit Cryptic and most of the stuff they had to show them is just C-store items.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-11-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
New Ships:

I love the D-4 making its way into STO, but not really fond of it being called a "New" K'T'inga. If the Klingons had a Tier 0, I honestly could see that being used as a NX equivalent for a starter ship than the B'rel. Of course, Klingons no longer have a Tier 0 or 1.

The Tachyon Probe, don't see it being useful since there is an abundance of AOEs in PvP and in PvE.

I still am fond of the new Consitution. Not sure if the Devs gave it a name yet, but I suggest the Yorktown-class. Since the Enterprise-A was a renamed from the U.S.S. Yorktown.

_snip-

?
Actually NCC-1701-A was first named USS Ti-Ho NCC-1798 (Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, pg 112, signed by James Doohan himself).
Lt. Commander
# 17
10-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Actually NCC-1701-A was first named USS Ti-Ho NCC-1798 (Mr. Scott's Guide to the Enterprise, pg 112, signed by James Doohan himself).
Dunno where I heard this, but I always thought it was originally the Yorktown.
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-11-2011, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Ah, but Gene Rodenberry himself was the one to suggest that the 1701-A was a renamed Yorktown following the events in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. The fourth season TNG writer's technical guide ran with this idea, and so did Michael Okuda in writing the Star Trek Encyclopedia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
As you can see in the first half of this post, there's conflicting information regarding which ship was renamed to Enterprise-A. Strictly speaking, none of it is canonical.
Lt. Commander
# 19
10-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish1
Aye, Gene himself says the A was a renamed Yorktown... Another one of those situations where there's conflicting canon.

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_...8NCC-1701-A%29

Scroll down to background information and it mentions both possible origins but doesn't prefer either.
Lt. Commander
# 20
10-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
i'll be honest... i seriously dislike you two right now (but i'm not gonna sink low in feeling so)

all you really do is attack Cryptic (when the real problem is PW). you only see the bad in them and hate them for it. you don't see that they're all Star Trek lovers and excited to be working on STO.

care to explain all this?
I suggest you take this to another thread, or at least PM's, before its closed